Windows 10: Windows journal

Discus and support Windows journal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just want to install windows journal but my PC is saying the administrator has a policy that will not enable it. How do I install it please?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CynthiaNI, Nov 26, 2020.

1. CynthiaNI Win User

Windows journal

Hi, I just want to install windows journal but my PC is saying the administrator has a policy that will not enable it. How do I install it please?

:)

CynthiaNI, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Old Windows Journal

Hi,

It is possible that Windows Journal was removed from certain versions of the Windows operating system due to corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in article on how you can install Windows Journal on
    versions of Windows from which it was removed.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Windows Journal functionality issue

Hello Werner,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Before troubleshooting any further from here, I suggest you to check if the latest version of Windows Journal Writer application is installed in your computer.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to check if you to check if running the program in Compatibility mode helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Right–click the icon of the program.

• Click Properties.

• Click Compatibility tab.

• To run the program for a different version of Windows, check the
      Run this program in compatibility mode for box and choose from the list.

• Click Apply.

• Click Ok.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Windows journal

Windows Journal removal

Hi Gary:

I'm a Program Manager at Microsoft, and I may be able to answer some of your questions.

Windows 10 1511 refers to the version of Windows 10 you are running, which corresponds to the version number 10.0.10586. You can see the version 1511 reported by running winver.exe from the Run dialog (Windows+R) or a command prompt.

KB3161102 is the update which removes Journal from your system You'll know when it has been automatically installed when
    you can no longer run Journal, or you see KB3161102 in your list of installed updates.

The best proactive thing you can do is download and install the KB3161102 package yourself by following the links in the article. After Windows Journal is removed, if needed, you can install the Journal application by following the steps in

KB3162655
    . The Journal application works the same as before, with two differences:

• You will see a warning about opening untrusted Journal files
    • The Journal Note Writer has been removed. It allowed you to “Print to Journal” from other applications.

For information about the security issues with the current version of Journal, you can read the most recent security bulletin we issued for Journal,

MS16-056
    , to get an idea of the type of vulnerabilities we have patched to date. From that bulletin:

For an attack to be successful, this vulnerability requires that a user open a specially crafted Journal file with an affected version of Windows Journal. In an email attack scenario, an attacker could exploit the vulnerability
    by sending a specially crafted Journal file to the user, and then convincing the user to open the file. The update addresses the vulnerability by modifying how Windows Journal parses Journal files.

In other words, if you open Journal files from untrusted sources, you can be exploited. These issues will not impact you if you are using the Journal application from KB3162655.

Lastly, we highly recommend all customers use OneNote moving forward. We are aware that converting existing Journal files to OneNote is difficult, and are investigating how we can make that transition easier for our customers.

Thanks

--Jon, MSFT

Jon Fincher, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows journal

1. Windows journal - Similar Threads - journal

2. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  3. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  4. How do I change the default background in Microsoft Journal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default background in Microsoft Journal?: I think Microsoft Journal is great and I use it regularly with my students. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/profiles/journal/I'm a science teacher, and my preferred paper style is graph paper. You can click the 3 dots and change the background see below but the default...
  5. How do I change the default background in Microsoft Journal?

How do I change the default background in Microsoft Journal?: I think Microsoft Journal is great and I use it regularly with my students. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/profiles/journal/I'm a science teacher, and my preferred paper style is graph paper. You can click the 3 dots and change the background see below but the default...
  6. How can I access my notes on the Journal app in another computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my notes on the Journal app in another computer?: I signed in using the same Microsoft account but my notes aren't showing up on my other computer. I have a Surface Go that I took notes on and I want to see the notes on my HP Laptop....
  7. How can I access my notes on the Journal app in another computer?

How can I access my notes on the Journal app in another computer?: I signed in using the same Microsoft account but my notes aren't showing up on my other computer. I have a Surface Go that I took notes on and I want to see the notes on my HP Laptop....
  8. Make Microsoft Journal Be Able To Open More Then One Journal At One Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Microsoft Journal Be Able To Open More Then One Journal At One Time: Does anyone know how I can open more then one Microsfot Journal at one time?I really need this feature to come fast!!!Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-microsoft-journal-be-able-to-open-more-then/24876baa-57a1-42b4-b911-2fee21c91b23
  9. Make Microsoft Journal Be Able To Open More Then One Journal At One Time

Make Microsoft Journal Be Able To Open More Then One Journal At One Time: Does anyone know how I can open more then one Microsfot Journal at one time?I really need this feature to come fast!!!Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-microsoft-journal-be-able-to-open-more-then/24876baa-57a1-42b4-b911-2fee21c91b23
  10. I lost all my journals in Microsoft Journal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my journals in Microsoft Journal: I opened Microsoft Journal, appeared the tutorial, and all my folders and journals disappeared. Please help! It's very urgent. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-journals-in-microsoft-journal/c580385a-f03d-43e9-8e4e-7634e0a5a7e0