Windows 10: Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

Discus and support Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimArizona, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I called Microsoft Support, they remote connected to my machine and the issue no longer existed. They did not change anything. It just started working again. Now a week later the error is back again.What is causing this issue and how do I fix it?

:)

JimArizona, Dec 6, 2021

2. Error: "Remote procedure call failed", "This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed" while trying to access Windows Store apps on Windows 10

Hi Jeffrey,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows Store apps on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 4: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing Windows Store apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

Error: "The remote procedure call failed" while trying to access Windows Store on Windows 10

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store apps and installing Windows Updates on your device.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.
    Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter as it resolves
    problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

1. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found" - Similar Threads - jpg specified procedure

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  4. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  5. The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found: I turned off my pc for awhile and turned it back on only for multiple instances of the entry point not found error. All if which had to do with "iswspace" not being located in the C:\Windows\Microsoft\.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll. I have not seen anyone talk about this...
  6. The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found: I turned off my pc for awhile and turned it back on only for multiple instances of the entry point not found error. All if which had to do with "iswspace" not being located in the C:\Windows\Microsoft\.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll. I have not seen anyone talk about this...
  7. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found": When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I...
  8. The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When starting an application or software, if you receive an error— There was a problem starting this file, The specified procedure could not be found, then in this post, we will share a general fix for this kind of error. [...] This post The specified...
  9. How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found": Any time I try to run a .exe file like an installer for a game, it displays this error code? Any solution? I already tried what you said on...
  10. "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

in Windows 10 Support
    "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related): hey people, It's been less than a week that I've been experiencing a problem. I can't run programs that require UAC to pop up for me to choose "yes" or "no". I downloaded latest video graphics driver for my GPU and when I want to install it, since it requires the UAC to pop...