Windows 10: Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile

Discus and support Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am unable to access any files beyond a desktop which first showed just the empty recycle icon. It comes up with my user name ... when I type in my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AllanCurtis2, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile

i am unable to access any files beyond a desktop which first showed just the empty recycle icon. It comes up with my user name ... when I type in my PIN it accepts it spins for a minute and screen goes black. Nothing happens ... no desktop display at all now. Even the recycle icon is gone ...

:)

AllanCurtis2, Jun 24, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile

1. Windows just deleted the desktop settings and user profile - Similar Threads - deleted desktop settings

2. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  3. Delete user profile that is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete user profile that is greyed out: I have had to create a new profile since my old profile had problems that no one could figure out. My new profile is "Administrator" but when I go into netplwiz under the new profile to delete the first user profile, remove is greyed out. How can I delete it?...
  4. Copy user profile and settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy user profile and settings: Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to...
  5. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...
  6. Accidentally deleted user profile

Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...
  7. Deleted System Profile Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted System Profile Desktop: I have a 5 year old Lenovo ThinkPad X230. Lately I was running into severe issues where the system lags when doing anything, such as clicking on the Start Menu, closing a window...anything. Opening Task Manager, it showed Disk usage at 100%. After researching online, I...
  8. Strange user profile; Not able to delete it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange user profile; Not able to delete it: Good evening! In August I bought a HP 15-AC170NB. (windows 10) The laptop was standing in the store for a couple months. I bought that one because it was the last. They have resetted the whole laptop, making it ready for me to use it. When I came home I began making my...
  9. Files Deletion Denied by DESKTOP-7VG8SI1\infer User profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Deletion Denied by DESKTOP-7VG8SI1\infer User profile: Hello I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 and I'm trying to delete a directory in my Program Files(x86) directory. I botched a mod installation and I can't get rid of the file I have an admin profile, but whenever I try to delete it, it gets denied by a user profile...
  10. Delete User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10: I'm the first to reply! This tutorial could be a useful fix for the problem of corrupted user profiles. I have a challenging query. I upgraded my desktop PC to the AU yesterday and can't configure OneDrive in my main user account - see OneDrive Problem After Anniversary...