Windows 10: Windows just erased my DNS settings??

Discus and support Windows just erased my DNS settings?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was just casually using windows 10, in fact I was using outlook when it suddenly told me to log in. I click on it and it says "error". I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IsPhil, Aug 25, 2022.

1. /u/IsPhil Win User

Windows just erased my DNS settings??

I was just casually using windows 10, in fact I was using outlook when it suddenly told me to log in. I click on it and it says "error". I restart browser, still error. Router looks fine, everything works fine on my phone, so I finally go over to the dns settings on windows. I manually set the dns to a local pihole, and 1.1.1.1 as a backup about 3 years ago. For some reason that was erased and it was set to "automatic" dns. Firstly, weird that it changed my settings (who knows when). But second, how is it that the automatic dns detection just didn't work? And right after it forced me to update as well. So I'm guessing the blame lies with the new update.

submitted by /u/IsPhil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IsPhil, Aug 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Aug 25, 2022
  3. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 25, 2022
  4. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows just erased my DNS settings?? - Similar Threads - erased DNS settings

2. My DNS Settings on Wondows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DNS Settings on Wondows 11: I set my DNS to cloudflare 1.1.1.2 and use DNS over HTTPS https://security.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query on Windows 11, but my browser or my laptop can't connect to cloudflare i set before. It's like my DNS settings do nothing at all. how can i fix it ? sorry for my bad...
  3. My DNS Settings on Wondows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DNS Settings on Wondows 11: I set my DNS to cloudflare 1.1.1.2 and use DNS over HTTPS https://security.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query on Windows 11, but my browser or my laptop can't connect to cloudflare i set before. It's like my DNS settings do nothing at all. how can i fix it ? sorry for my bad...
  4. Windows Update July 2021 erased my settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update July 2021 erased my settings.: I had a windows update last week that deleted my settings. my computer was as if it were new again, however I still had installed programs, even though all the icons were missing. I had to re login to all my programs, it removed all of my email accounts and is asking me to...
  5. DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS settings?: All of a sudden, I'm having problems with my wifi dropping. It's not the router. The all of of this stops for days and then starts again. When I run the MS diagnostics it tells me to check my DNS serttings, etc. When i use search, it is periodicaly telling me ethat...
  6. DNS Settings

DNS Settings: Hello I was looking for different ways to help speed up my slow ADSL connection. I learned that changing your DNS settings to use a different provider is something that you could actually do for free So I did a search in google for the fastest DNS servers in Australia and I...
  7. Just debloated my Windows 10... It erased Store, Calculator and Photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just debloated my Windows 10... It erased Store, Calculator and Photos: Just used Windows10Debloater according to this Chris Titus Tech video. I fucking selected "Customize Blacklist" and set apart WhatsApp Web. Away from that, Store, Calculator and Photos should not have been erased by the debloat, since I selected "Remove Bloatware With...
  8. Windows 10 just erased all of my tabs, logins, downloads and settings on both my laptops.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 just erased all of my tabs, logins, downloads and settings on both my laptops.: I'm assuming they are gone for good, but can someone explain why or how this was done? Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Lmnolmnop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ko9473/windows_10_just_erased_all_of_my_tabs_logins/
  9. Tertiary DNS setting in windows 10

Tertiary DNS setting in windows 10: how to change Tertiary DNS settings in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tertiary-dns-setting-in-windows-10/49021ce0-f8bd-4aee-bf6f-839d614241ca
  10. Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server: I have tried and tried to change my DNS settings to use Googles DNS (8.8.8.8) and it will not stick. Even downloaded a free program to do it. I use the free program, and it makes Windows send out the side popup, saying the DNS was changed successfully , but it is not changed....