Windows 10: Windows just reset to default after a restart.

Discus and support Windows just reset to default after a restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just reatsrted my computer for unrelated reasons and it reset to the default version of windows 10 that you'd see if you just installed it (default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CharacterSea1512, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows just reset to default after a restart.

I just reatsrted my computer for unrelated reasons and it reset to the default version of windows 10 that you'd see if you just installed it (default screen saver, all my settings are reset and my browsers are reset too). Thankfully some of my data is still here, but only in my external drive. Is there a reason for this?

UPDATE: I restarted my computer again and its back to normal, data and everything. I'd still like to know why this happened

submitted by /u/CharacterSea1512
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CharacterSea1512, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

This did not work for me. Please help.

AbhishekWagh, Dec 6, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 6, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

Windows just reset to default after a restart.

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows just reset to default after a restart.

1. Windows just reset to default after a restart. - Similar Threads - reset default restart

2. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  3. Default app reset every singel time after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default app reset every singel time after restart: Hello Team,I set PDF reader as default software to view PDF files. but after system restart, all PDF documents showing as unknown file .again i'm selecting PDF as default file. so default app settings reset after system restart. Will you please suggest the solution....
  4. Default app reset every singel time after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default app reset every singel time after restart: Hello Team,I set PDF reader as default software to view PDF files. but after system restart, all PDF documents showing as unknown file .again i'm selecting PDF as default file. so default app settings reset after system restart. Will you please suggest the solution....
  5. Default apps resetting after restart or turnoff and turn on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default apps resetting after restart or turnoff and turn on.: Hi all. Frist I sorry about my English.I have a problem same my title. My default apps always reset when my laptop restart or turn on and turn off.Eg: I set web browser default is Google Chrome, but when pc restarted, it will be comeback is Edge.I set it in setting-->app-->...
  6. Default apps resetting after restart or turnoff and turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps resetting after restart or turnoff and turn on.: Hi all. Frist I sorry about my English.I have a problem same my title. My default apps always reset when my laptop restart or turn on and turn off.Eg: I set web browser default is Google Chrome, but when pc restarted, it will be comeback is Edge.I set it in setting-->app-->...
  7. Default apps resetting after restart or turnoff and turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer resets to default after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer resets to default after restart: Every time I turn on my computer I log in and find out that my wallpaper, pins, desktop, and other settings reset to defaults. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it, can anybody help? submitted by /u/Hamburger_____ [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart

Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart: Every time I reset the default apps, reset the default by file type and then I restart and it goes back to Edge, Mail, and Photo viewer. How do I stop this???...
  10. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...