Windows 10: Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package

Discus and support Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a user who has Windows 10 Enterprise and we cannot remove KB5000802 because it says it is required. I have attempted to remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael C. Ruschmann, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package

Hello,

I have a user who has Windows 10 Enterprise and we cannot remove KB5000802 because it says it is required. I have attempted to remove the Package_For_Rollup via DISM and got this error we also tried the control panel method:

0X800F0825

I attempted to go into the .mum at C:\Windows\servicing\Packages and set the permenance to removable ... no beans. How can I remove this hot fix for this user? I have tried all I can think of. Should I use something like this:

[COLOR=rgba23, 23, 23, 1]DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba23, 23, 23, 1]I am afraid I might break something as I have never used that. Help?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba23, 23, 23, 1]Thanks.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba23, 23, 23, 1]Mike[/COLOR]

:)

Michael C. Ruschmann, Mar 11, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Suprub93 Win User
    Unable to uninstall Internet explorer 8

hello, i am new to the forums, i am having trouble uninstalling internet explorer 8, i have windows xp home edition, i went to control panel/add remove programs and it doesn't show there, i tried going into the main folder for IE8 but there is no uninstall icon, the reason i want to uninstall it is because i want to install back version 7, and it wont let me unless i uninstall the newer version. any suggestions?

Suprub93, Mar 11, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package

1. Windows KB5000802 - Unable to uninstall package - Similar Threads - KB5000802 Unable uninstall

2. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  3. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  4. kb5000802

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb5000802: Hi guys, is the kb5000802 update problem solved Can I install this update without problems ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5000802/3c2aaea5-fb89-489b-8111-eab3b3c624f2
  5. KB5000802 update

KB5000802 update: I cannot uninstall update KB5000802..Used normal uninstall and as admin wusa /uninstall /kb:5000802 What to do ? please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5000802-update/eeafc31a-e404-4856-83a4-42e92314d509
  6. Cannot uninstall KB5000802, Windows says it's not installed yet it is.

Cannot uninstall KB5000802, Windows says it's not installed yet it is.: Hello, I'm one of those users that is having a hard time getting rid of this update, I've done my research on it, I'm aware of all the methods to get the update to go away but at one time I manually installed this because it was not installing automatically. I did this...
  7. Unable to install KB5000802 - Error 0x80073712

Unable to install KB5000802 - Error 0x80073712: Hi, I have not managed to install KB5000802, it is downloaded and then stops at 20%. I get error 0x80073712. I have tried the Windows update troubleshooter no problem found, restarted, DISM, SFC, restarted components and tried the standalone installer with no success....
  8. Is it safe to uninstall Cortana via package uninstaller?

in Cortana
    Is it safe to uninstall Cortana via package uninstaller?: Hi, I have Cortana disabled via Local Policies. But it keeps getting updates and taking space on my drive. Is it safe to uninstall it with remove-appxpackage - package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy command? Will the start...
  9. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  10. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Kb5000802 wont uninstall