Windows 10: Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD

Discus and support Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My windows keep booting into Bios when I unplugged my external hdd. I've checked the boot priority and it's set to boot from my C drive, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dεss™, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Dεss™ Win User

Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD

Hi,

My windows keep booting into Bios when I unplugged my external hdd.

I've checked the boot priority and it's set to boot from my C drive, but when I unplug the external HDD before starting up, it just can't boot normally.

I can boot just fine with the external HDD plugged in.

I have the external HDD before I got my current PC, so I'm certain it doesn't have my operating system inside.

I can't seem to figure out a solution. Need some advise whether or not I should reformat my PC, and if so, how should I format my PC without a pendrive?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Dεss™, Oct 22, 2020

2. Boot from external USB HDD

Hello!

Any laptop should be able to Be booted from an external HDD.

You can check this back accessing your BIOS and then checking if the BIOS gives you an option to boot from USB.

If that option is listed, then you're good to go!

Zackary Vanosdol, Oct 22, 2020
  3. fishjojo1 Win User
    BIOS not registering external HDD

Hi,

I've been trying to boot windows using my external HDD but BIOS just doesn't register it

fishjojo1, Oct 22, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop won't boot with new external hard drive attached.

The problem is probably in your BIOS . . .

• Plug in the external HDD
    • Boot into BIOS
    • Make sure the external drive is not above your internal HDD in the boot order list
    • Enable or disable USB Legacy Boot, whichever setting allows your system to boot with the external HDD plugged in . . .

DaveM121, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD - Similar Threads - keep booting Bios

2. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  3. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  4. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...: Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive. Now my PC detects my flash drive as a bootable device and startup at Choose Operating System. Here is the problem, when I...
  6. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...: Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive. Now my PC detects my flash drive as a bootable device and startup at Choose Operating System. Here is the problem, when I...
  7. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Doesn't Start When A HDD is Unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Doesn't Start When A HDD is Unplugged: Hi, i have Windows 10 Enterprise Installed on a ssd one of my HDD hard drives is kind of broken and makes my pc lag a lot so i tried unplugging it to fix the problem anfter i unplugged it my pc wouldn't start and i would get an error about booting i don't remember the...
  9. external HDD will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external HDD will not boot: I have 3- Seagate 8TB external HDD. I was the Windows disk cleaning to recover space. deleting temp files, unused files, etc. I have used this tool before and it is pretty straight forward. the disk cleaning finished I turned the computer off as I normally do. the next day...
  10. When my external HDD is plugged in, my computer refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When my external HDD is plugged in, my computer refuses to boot.: Okay, so my External HDD is broken. Badly. I'm just gonna list the things I've noticed and the things I've done to try and fix it, so that hopefully you can give me guidance on more things to try. If the drive is plugged in when the computer boots, the computer hangs on the...