Windows 10: Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

Discus and support Windows keep freezing on certain routine events in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About three times a day my video and audio just freeze for about a second, being really slow and cutting the audio. When I open the event logs, I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurMartins17, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

About three times a day my video and audio just freeze for about a second, being really slow and cutting the audio. When I open the event logs, I see the following event codes at the same time of the freezing:

16394, 1003 and 16384.

I tried to run the svcRestartTask manually to see if it is the one causing the issue, but it is not. I suspect of the code 1003, because there is really no other event code at this time spam.

:)

ArthurMartins17, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Nitrome Win User

Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

Hello

A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs.

Windows Version number : 1903
    When does it happen?
    • Playing youtube videos (takes a few minutes to freeze on average)
    • Starting certain games (freezes on startup)
    • Answering discord calls
    And i discover new sources all the time so i doubt this is a complete list.

What did i try so far?
    • Updating the drivers (didn't try to update the BIOS yet but reset it to default)
    • Sfc / chkdsk
    • OCCT (both CPU and GPU test, neither overheated/froze the computer)
    • memtest x86 (4 passes 6 hours, no errors)
    • Swapping GPU (RX-480)

By this point i was a bit lost so i tried using windows event viewer to no avail.

As a last attempt i tried to install windows on a new harddrive but the computer froze during installation.

I'm completely lost and don't know whether my hardware is failing or if it's some kind of software issue.

Nitrome, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

1. Windows keep freezing on certain routine events - Similar Threads - keep freezing certain

2. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games: Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like 20-30 mins into some games. I’ve checked everything ran multiple diagnostics and found no issues, anyone have any ideas?...
  3. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games: Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like 20-30 mins into some games. I’ve checked everything ran multiple diagnostics and found no issues, anyone have any ideas?...
  4. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  5. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  6. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

7. Computer keeps freezing, keep seeing Event 4311, NetBT in Event Viewer System Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing, keep seeing Event 4311, NetBT in Event Viewer System Log: My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event LogEvent 4311, NetbtInitialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "025041000001" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the...
  8. Computer keeps freezing, keep seeing Event 4311, NetBT in Event Viewer System Log

Computer keeps freezing, keep seeing Event 4311, NetBT in Event Viewer System Log: My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event LogEvent 4311, NetbtInitialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "025041000001" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the...
  9. Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10: When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded to it as soon as it was allowable. I had the following issue immediately after upgrading: * Every 60 seconds the video of any movie (mkv/mp4/avi) seems to freeze for 1-2 secs, but the audio continues just fine while the video then...
  10. Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153: I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name:...