Windows 10: Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

Discus and support Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows 10 Sufferer, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are greyed out. This forces me to have to close the program to do anything. This keeps happening. I am only using desktop mode (never tablet). This is problematic. Please help.

:)

Windows 10 Sufferer, Jul 22, 2019

2. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

minimize/maximize/close buttons missing on top right of screen how do I get them back pls

flyingdutchman52, Jul 22, 2019
  3. zamek7 Win User
    maximize/ restore button not working in any programs opened in windows 10

all programs open in maximized or full screen mode

can't unmaximize window by clicking on maximize/ restore button (the middle button with the 2 overlapping squares, upper right side of each window)

the minimize (-) and close (x) button do work

zamek7, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

1. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons... - Similar Threads - Keep Getting Maximized

2. Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...: Hi There,I am trying to fix an issue where one of my games in Windows only shows up with the minimize, maximize and close buttons available. The games name is Punishing Gray Raven or in task manager PGR.exe. I uninstalled and installed the game, ran the windows...
  3. Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...: Hi There,I am trying to fix an issue where one of my games in Windows only shows up with the minimize, maximize and close buttons available. The games name is Punishing Gray Raven or in task manager PGR.exe. I uninstalled and installed the game, ran the windows...
  4. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  5. minimize,maximize,close buttons

minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  6. Maximize/Restore Down Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  7. Maximize/Restore Down Button

Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  8. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  9. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  10. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5