Windows 10: WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK

Discus and support WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a big problem with my system. First I need to mention that i have three different computers (and a laptop) using geniune Win 10 but only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AciobaniteiAndrei -, Nov 30, 2018.

1. WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK

I have a big problem with my system.

First I need to mention that i have three different computers (and a laptop) using geniune Win 10 but only one computer has this type of problem (that ocured after win 10 updates.

Randomly my programs (browsers, apps, games) are starting to minimize while i work with them but I am unable to maximise windows back. It's like computer closes automatically all programs I work with. The only solution is restart. Sometmies after restart all is fine, sometimes not and i need to restart again.

I found same topic over the internet on google but nobody was able to give a solution for this.

1. It is not an device incompatibility issue because in the last year i didn't add any new device to my system

2. It is not a software issue because i have same programs i had before this trouble started

3. it is not a virus because i have 1 licenced antivirus working 24h/day, an licenced antimalware program allways on and the router itself has an antivirus security solution implemented in it protecting the network. Also I never install unsecure software and access unsecure sites.

I tried to reproduce the moment when this error occurs, because it seems to be random. Sometimes is connected to opening windows mediaplayer, other times office outlook, other times microsoft edge, calculator, etc. Seems to be connected only by activating a microsoft service in win 10 but every time a different one and in a different context.

So please don't tell me it's a device problem or a new software problem. I am pretty sure it is something connected to windows update and connected only to this system I am using. The other ones are not having same problem after updates.

I really don't want to reinstall windows even you will say there is a way to avoid losing my data.

I need a hotfix to click and repair this. I can't affrod to de a reinstall. I have 32 TB of data at risk inside this machine and it's a heavy production machine which needs to work hard not to lose hours with system reinstals.

Please, I need help as soon as possible from someone at Microsoft that is familiar with exactly this problem.

Thank you in advance!

:)

AciobaniteiAndrei -, Nov 30, 2018
  2. krohm Win User

minimise single window keyboard shortcut

So setpoint with an anywhere mouse has a minimise shortcut option to associate with a button on the mouse, works fine. this is with my wireless anywhere mouse

but g400 with logitech gaming software, there is no minimise option, and no keyboard shortcut minimises just one window !

so tilting
    i use my two thumb buttons as minimise and close window, it makes working in windows a lot smoother/faster

any suggestions on this unable to minimise shortcut option?

krohm, Nov 30, 2018
  3. SPP_547 Win User
    unable to minimise

I am unable to minimise screen having to close and reopen unable to have more than one screen open at a time. Please instruct how to change this.

SPP_547, Nov 30, 2018
  4. WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK

Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK

1. WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK - Similar Threads - KEEP MINIMISING CLOSE

2. Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!: I was using my computer. I had Task Manager open I threw it at the top of the screen. The buttons are now gone and won't come back. Need help!...
  3. Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!: I was using my computer. I had Task Manager open I threw it at the top of the screen. The buttons are now gone and won't come back. Need help!...
  4. minimise/maximise and close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  5. minimise/maximise and close buttons

minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  6. 'X' button does not close apps on Windows 10... minimises them to tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    'X' button does not close apps on Windows 10... minimises them to tray: Hi, I recently had a problem with the Windows 10 update, which the IT at work managed to fix, he reinstalled Windows. But now I can't close any apps, everytime I click on the 'X', the app is minimised to the tray, even though I disabled this feature. Everytime I need to...
  7. My apps keep minimising

My apps keep minimising: Why do my apps on my lenovo tablet keep minimising every few minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-minimising/cca0e2e1-2f56-4327-bdb8-dd9169357008
  8. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...: Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are greyed out. This forces me to have to close the program to do anything. This keeps happening. I am only using desktop mode (never...
  9. Windows keeps closing my programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps closing my programs: When ever I walk away from the computer for a little while, when I return all more programs have closed. I'm not sure what minimum amount of time passes before this happens but after an hour it's always displays this behavior. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a fix...
  10. Unable to minimise a maximised window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimise a maximised window: So previously with the Snap Assist I was able to hold left click the toolbar as a maximised window and drag it down to minimise it, but now I can only maximise a minimised window like Google Chrome, why has this happened and how can I get this to work again? Edit:...