Windows 10: Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt...

Discus and support Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Video: https://streamable.com/94x528 Windows keep sending requent to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt as shown in Fiddler when it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maple3142, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt...

/u/maple3142, Dec 18, 2020

2. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

Seems odd that I can get onto the login page on my iphone (which apparently does not use msftconnecttest as an interim step, but not the laptop.

Can I bypass this msftconnecttest step manually?

Laforestrx, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Dec 18, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt...

.txt print preview & line numbers

You can't do print preview with notepad but how about using Wordpad? It exists in every version of Windows for free.

Not sure about line-numbers but you could do bullet points (numbered) like this which work in a .txt file.

Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt... [​IMG]

and you can definitely do print preview.

Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt... [​IMG]

Wordpad is a great program to use as it always exists no matter what version of Windows you use. I would save as .rtf rather than .txt personally (in case they do more formatting) but either work for simple lists.

Thema:

Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt...

1. Windows keep sending a large number of requests to www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt... - Similar Threads - keep sending large

2. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  3. aspnet_compiler keeps restarting and sending odd requests.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    aspnet_compiler keeps restarting and sending odd requests.: So this is a follow up from the previous question, I noticed aspnet_compiler.exe constantly keeping the screen on, as seen from powercfg/requests. I also installed an antivirus software and now it is saying it is sending a request to a site every 10 seconds or so. What is...
  4. aspnet_compiler keeps restarting and sending odd requests.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aspnet_compiler keeps restarting and sending odd requests.: So this is a follow up from the previous question, I noticed aspnet_compiler.exe constantly keeping the screen on, as seen from powercfg/requests. I also installed an antivirus software and now it is saying it is sending a request to a site every 10 seconds or so. What is...
  5. aspnet_compiler keeps restarting and sending odd requests.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Finding com port number.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finding com port number.: I have a very recently purchased HP LAPTOP-2B3H9B5S. Nov 2020. I am trying to find out how to find the com port settings. i have read the previous quotes from 2019. However they now appear not to be relevant. The latest advice says go to actions and go to previous software...
  7. Sending large files to friend

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending large files to friend: Getting started with one drive. What I want to do is send a file to a friend that is too large for my email service. Can I do that with one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-large-files-to-friend/9e8931f9-f7cc-4d46-9999-c72df011191d
  8. Send A Request

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Send A Request: This used to work. It would enable them to send an email and I could remotely give more time. Now child using computer runs out of time so wants more of course, clicks on send request but gets "something went wrong we were unable to send your request. are you connected to...
  9. Windows 10 keeps requesting and then sending verification code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 keeps requesting and then sending verification code: When logging into Windows 10, it request a verification code. I enter an alt email address and enter the verification code. It keeps repeating this process, even though I am entering the correct verification code! How do I get pass this bug?...
  10. .txt print preview & line numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    .txt print preview & line numbers: I volunteer at our senior center and will help someone on their computer when I can. I like to create a .txt document on their desktop for notes & information on their computer. Is there a way to do a print preview on a .txt document? Also is their a way to number each...