Windows 10: Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

Discus and support Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DevonN1321, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not help either. The only other abnormal behavior occurring is that for some reason, plugging in my Xbox One controller also makes it shut off. I've tried updating all drivers relevant to the presumed problem such as processors, graphics cards, USBs, etc. yet I've made no progress in stopping this issue. Any time I think I've finally fixed it, it just turns out it was taking longer than normal to shut off. The only other possibly relevant thing is that yesterday we had a small power surge that led to us having to flip a few fuses. My computer turned off from it, like all things in my room, but it not only is plugged into a power strip that has surge protection, the PSU also does so I'm not sure this is the cause especially since the power off also happened the night before and also there was no concerning noises or anything that could hint at the PSU getting damaged. I'm getting pretty desperate for a solution at this point, and really need some guidance.

Attempted Fixes:
    - Turning off Fast Boot
    - Adjusting Hard Disk turn off time to "Never"
    - Adjusting minimum processor state to 0
    - Clean installing graphics card drivers
    - Making sure my PSU is plugged in properly
    - Changing power plan from high performance to balanced
    - Uninstalling June windows updates I can't uninstall KB4556799 because of an error
    - Running a malwarebytes scan
    - Running a disk check
    - Verifying system integrity
    - Checking for high CPU temperature it only hit 45C max

:)

DevonN1321, Jun 15, 2020

2. My PC Randomly Shut's Down On Windows XP Proffesional When Playing Games For 20+ Mins

My PC randomly shuts down on Windows XP Proffesional when playing games for more than 20+ minutes, But when I tried installing Windows XP Home Edition the games work perfectly for over hours... Why is this? Im using my original Windows XP Proffesional CD and serial key, and I'm running games like Crysis and G.R.I.D on high settings (not ultra). And all temps are around 40-50 degrees load, what is causing my PC to randomly shut down?

TricksterMatt, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Laptop shutting down randomly!

Hello! I have got a VOSTRO 14 machine! My PC keep shutting down randomly. When there is no load on it, it works fine, but when i run a software like GAMES, Chrome etc. it shuts down, suddenly a black screen come and laptop shuts down. I have tried removing
    my battery and start it by plugging in the power cord. It worked fine without battery. When the battery is in, the same problem continues. After the appearance of black screen i have to press the power button to get it ON back. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

EhteshamArif, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

1. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run - Similar Threads - keep shutting down

2. My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming: Hello, I have an ROG Strix. I've had it for about 1 year and I never had an issue; however, recently, whenever I am playing certain games Victoria 3 and BG3 my computer shuts off without warning nor error message. I thought it might be a graphics card driver issue since mine...
  3. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  4. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  5. Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game: Hello So whenever I try to install a game from Steam or Epic Games, my laptop after 10-15 mins being idle, shuts down completely. It was completely fine before but now it has started to appear and won't seem to go away. I have done all the methods like changing sleep...
  6. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  7. Random shut down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  8. Random shut down while gaming

Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  9. My system keeps shutting down while gaming ..

My system keeps shutting down while gaming ..: So whenever i play games on my laptop my laptop shuts down unexpectedly ... what is happening? i have tied reinstalling windows and it doesn't work Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 15-04-2020 19:41:22 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None...
  10. Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming: I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware. About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started doing two things it's never done before. Firstly, while playing various games, it just completely powers down. There's no...