Windows 10: Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

Discus and support Windows keeping configurations after hard reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had some problems with my computer and i updated some drivers with the driver easy app, and i think it may have installed some wrong drivers on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joezera, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:52 PM.

1. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

I had some problems with my computer and i updated some drivers with the driver easy app, and i think it may have installed some wrong drivers on my computer. So i did a hard reset, selecting to wipe all files and use the cloud to download the Windows 10, after the reset was done i saw that i still had my old energy plan, that i created, available and im not sure if it reseted all drivers to the default ones. Is that normal? How can i solve it?

submitted by /u/Joezera
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. xBruce88x Win User

Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

4. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

Reset Protection Notification

Hi Team,

I reset my Microsoft Lumia 650 device ( Hard Reset ), and trying to configure freshly.

After the WiFi Configuration is done, the system is prompting with "Reset Protection Notification" and I am not able to proceed further.

Contacted B2X Team, Microsoft Support Team and found no resolution.

What I did:

• Hard Reset my Mobile Device (It went Successfully)
    • Microsoft (Initial) screen displays and started new configuration
    • Selected the Country and the Time Zone
    • Configured the WiFi Connectivity (Successful)
    • Reset Protection Notification.
    Here in this step, I tried to log in with my Microsoft Account, unable to do so on Mobile, but able to log in successfully on my Laptop

Request any one of you, please suggest to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Sridhar.J

**The "Topics" was edited for clarity by the moderator.**

myMicrosoftCommunity, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:18 PM
Thema:

Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

1. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset - Similar Threads - keeping configurations hard

2. Keeps resetting window/display configuration when changing monitor's settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeps resetting window/display configuration when changing monitor's settings: Hey. I have a dual monitor setup. On Windows, when I change some of the settings on my primary monitor (like turning on/off FreeSync), Windows moves all of my windows to my secondary monitor and sets it as a primary one. As soon as I switch the setting back, I do get my...
  3. Windows 10 Keeps Restarting after Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Keeps Restarting after Reset: I tried resetting windows 10 on my HP laptop, after resetting is done it's not booting up. It is restarting again and again. What might be issue? [Original Title: Windows 10 issue]...
  4. Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps filling up C drive after hard reset: 1. Computer freezes or crashes 2. Hold power button reset required 3. C Drive has gained like 9 extra GB. My C drive holds my operating system and the reason a hard reset is required varies. Usually, it is because Windows crashes to an unresponsive displayless state after...
  5. Reset the keyboard configuration.

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset the keyboard configuration.: The keyboard configuration has not worked properly for me, the CTRL key has been deactivated, I have tried to configure it from accessibility, this I have not achieved.In totally use the CTRL key for copies and for other functions of programs that I use. There may be some...
  6. Windows 10 blocked after a hard reset

Windows 10 blocked after a hard reset: Hello, I tried to hard reset my windows 10 and it's blocked, it tries to download updates but it does not succed (I have an original windows and I don't want to lose it) Could you please help to figure this out ? Best regards...
  7. Proper Actions After Hard Reset

Proper Actions After Hard Reset: Hi, I know the rules here are to post info from the DM log tool but I am not having BSOD issues and if this is the wrong place I apologize. I have not had any BSOD's or freezes on my system. The other day for the first time as a game was loading the system froze and I had to...
  8. Windows Update resets configurations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update resets configurations: Hi. I am facing a problem here. I noticed that after some updates some configurations are reset to it's default. For example, I do not like the extra Removable Disk icon that is shown in duplicity in Windows Explorer. So I have a registry key file that alters that so...
  9. Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting: Windows Taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting after a reboot . ASUS Audio Center is OK,setting stay fine If I shut down They will stick .Upon reboot They reset to 2 channel and 16bit 44100 Hz ,have to keep resetting themThank youwindows 10 ent 16294RS3Asus...
  10. Configuration change to TPM message after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration change to TPM message after reset: I've reset my Asus laptop and now every time I turn it on it comes up with: "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module) WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to...