Windows 10: windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac

Discus and support windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive been having this problem for ages and just cant solve it. My laptop has a GTX1650. On battery windows uses the integrated graphics and on AC it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThisNameIsValid27, Feb 16, 2021.

1. windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac

Ive been having this problem for ages and just cant solve it.

My laptop has a GTX1650. On battery windows uses the integrated graphics and on AC it defaults to the discrete graphics.

However, if its running on AC and gets unplugged certain windows programs like cortana, lockapp.exe and a few others keep the gpu idle (visible in the gpu activity tray menu). This consumes 10W which more than halves my battery life.

Rebooting when I want to switch from AC to battery solves it, but thats rather annoying and i often forget.

I've tried using windows own per-app graphics settings, as well as the nvidia control panel to set them to use the integrated graphics but this doesnt work.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/ThisNameIsValid27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThisNameIsValid27, Feb 16, 2021

2. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Le Boule Win User
    After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

https://www.microsoft.com/security/...Name=Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac&ocid=-2147283291

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. Remove Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac malware (Virus Removal Guide)

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Feb 16, 2021
  4. kenalbus Win User

windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac

1. windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac - Similar Threads - keeping nvidia gpu

2. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  3. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  4. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nvidia GPU not detected

Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  6. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.Whenever my NVIDIA GPU is activated mostly while playing games it gives me a bsod telling VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . I updated the driver , but still the problem persist. I stress tested...
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.Whenever my NVIDIA GPU is activated mostly while playing games it gives me a bsod telling VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . I updated the driver , but still the problem persist. I stress tested...
  8. GPU spike while on AC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU spike while on AC: Hello everyone, from the past few months I have been facing this problem on my Dell Laptop having Intel UHD 620 GPU. Whenever I have my laptop plugged into AC and I perform any GPU intensive task like gaming or playing video using madVR, the GPU spikes up to 100% for complete...
  9. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU. Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics...
  10. Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon on Taskbar in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you can display the NVIDIA...