Windows 10: Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers

Discus and support Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have different computers, with different keyboard types (e.g. US International and Brazil ABNT). I would like to have each computer set up only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by darl2000, Dec 5, 2018.

1. darl2000 Win User

Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers

I have different computers, with different keyboard types (e.g. US International and Brazil ABNT). I would like to have each computer set up only to its specific keyboard. But once I correct the keyboard on one computer, Windows automatically adds (and shifst) that keyboard configuration to the other ones. At the end of the day I have several language and keyboard configurations on all computers and Windows, making it hard to work. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks.

:)

darl2000, Dec 5, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Keyboard language keeps changing

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you installed Spanish Keyboard in your desktop?

You can follow the steps to fix the issue.

Method 1:

Removing other keyboard layouts.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Region & Language.
    2. Click on Spanish
      and Click on Remove.
    3. Now add the Spanish language again from
      Region & Language under
      Settings.

Also, if you are using an older build of Windows 10, you can refer to the suggestions by

Monica Cam
    dated 10th October 2016.

Method 2:

Changing the language preference to English only.

1. Go to Settings > Devices >
      Typing.
    2. Under More keyboard settings click on
      Advanced keyboard settings.
    3. Now under Override for default input method select
      English.
    4. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers - Similar Threads - keeps adding changing

2. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  3. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  4. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  5. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  6. Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  7. Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  8. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.: Hi there, I asked this question before, with the only answer I received not working, and when I searched the web for a solution, I saw that many others had the same issue. Windows 10 keeps adding three keyboards to my list: US, UK normal, and UK-de (German QWERTZ); thus...
  9. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.: Hey, I'm multilingual, and I write in several languages. When I use english, however, no extra symbols are needed, so I just use one of the others for it. Very frequently I get this problem that Windows 10 just decides to add languages to it. It used to be only the United...
  10. Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language: I'm trying to add korean language to my keyboard layout but everytime I try to set up the language of my computer change too. I just want to type in korean language. thank you...