Windows 10: Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

Discus and support Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I'm multilingual, and I write in several languages. When I use english, however, no extra symbols are needed, so I just use one of the others for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XYZsekritBot, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

Hey,

I'm multilingual, and I write in several languages. When I use english, however, no extra symbols are needed, so I just use one of the others for it.

Very frequently I get this problem that Windows 10 just decides to add languages to it. It used to be only the United Kingdom English+German keyboards, now for some reason they add the American one as well. So it doubles the numbers of keyboards needed.

I've searched and searched for a solution. The only "solution" I know of, is to install those language packs and then promptly uninstall them again. But then later it'll be back again.

I thought I could put up with it, and I did for months. It used to be somewhat rare. But now it happens all the time and I'm just... !

I mean this honestly can't be unswitchoffable. Also, I can't be the only Windows 10 user who travels and types in several languages. And I have searched and searched. So please tell me what I need to do. I'm sure you get those questions all the time. I just can't find one where a useable answer was given.

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout. 56371e84-8bad-4e23-8fc4-7e2b0fd6d754?upload=true.png

:)

XYZsekritBot, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2019
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 from changing keyboard language layout?

I want to prevent Windows 10 from automatically changing my keyboard language layout.

I have both English and Spanish language setup on Windows, but I want to keep JUST the Spanish keyboard layout. Windows 10 keep 'updating' and adding the English keyboard layout.

I find I need to go to Language settings and manually removing the English keyboard layout and adding the Spanish keyboard layout under the Enlglish language settings.

I simply wantto STOP this.

All the resources I have found refer to the previous Windows 10 version before the update.

It is impossible to follow those steps after having the Windows 10 Creator´s Update installed.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Best regards.

Enrique Camou, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Lekden Win User

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

1. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout. - Similar Threads - keeps adding languages

2. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  3. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  4. Windows 11 keep adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep adding keyboard layouts: Hi all, having a two weeks old W11 installation, I noticed that keyboard layouts are being added. Apologies for Czech in screen, but it's for kids.. Settings> Time & language> Language & region, click on the ... for language and "Language options". The bottom section is for...
  5. Windows 11 keep adding keyboard layouts

Windows 11 keep adding keyboard layouts: Hi all, having a two weeks old W11 installation, I noticed that keyboard layouts are being added. Apologies for Czech in screen, but it's for kids.. Settings> Time & language> Language & region, click on the ... for language and "Language options". The bottom section is for...
  6. Windows keeps automatically adding keyboard layouts

Windows keeps automatically adding keyboard layouts: Like the title says, Windows keeps adding different keyboard layouts, and keep swapping between them. I only have 1 keyboard with 1 layout with 1 language, it shouldn't be changing at all. The keyboard also does not appear in the settings. I've tried going into language...
  7. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  8. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  9. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.: Hi there, I asked this question before, with the only answer I received not working, and when I searched the web for a solution, I saw that many others had the same issue. Windows 10 keeps adding three keyboards to my list: US, UK normal, and UK-de (German QWERTZ); thus...
  10. Windows keeps adding languages and keyboard layouts that I don't need.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps adding languages and keyboard layouts that I don't need.: Hello there. My system's default language is Russian. I have two input languages set up: Russian and English (UK) with the US International keyboard layout. However, several times every day Windows adds something to the language panel. It either adds the US keyboard layout...