Windows 10: Windows keeps adding new languages

Discus and support Windows keeps adding new languages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArmanFatahi, May 10, 2022.

1. Windows keeps adding new languages

HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-new-languages/80a14a0d-4af4-4e47-a612-0edbea55f7e4Thank you.

:)

ArmanFatahi, May 10, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that a random language gets added
    automatically. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the language that gets added?

• Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have not tried the lpksetup command, I would suggest you to give it a try and see if that helps. Refer
    the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold
      Windows logo key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      lpksetup and click on OK.

3. Now, select
      Uninstall display language.

4. Select the language that you want to uninstall and click on
      Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 10, 2022
  3. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the PC as the keyboard language keeps adding. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detail information.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Registry change.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch the
      Run command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok.

3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. Now from right pane remove/delete the entries with data value
      00000409, 00000809 & 00000407
    5. Close the registry, restart the PC and check.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Method 2: New user account

Check in new user account. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account and check if you are facing the same issue with the keyboard language.

Let us know how it goes,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows keeps adding new languages

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows keeps adding new languages

1. Windows keeps adding new languages - Similar Threads - keeps adding languages

2. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  3. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  4. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel: The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've...
  5. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel: The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've...
  6. Windows keeps adding new languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adding new languages: HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! :...
  7. Adding new language to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding new language to Windows: Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.How does a language get included into the Language & Region?I wanted to include a new language called "Pahauh" into the Language & Region so users can choose to install it and use the appropriate characters, but I'm now...
  8. Adding new language to Windows

Adding new language to Windows: Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.How does a language get included into the Language & Region?I wanted to include a new language called "Pahauh" into the Language & Region so users can choose to install it and use the appropriate characters, but I'm now...
  9. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  10. Windows keeps adding a language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps adding a language: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my personal laptop, working in 2 languages - Hebrew and English. My main language is English, and I prefer to use the US keyboard QWERTY and !@#, mainly because it is also used in Hebrew with UK English dialect spelling and special words....