Windows 10: Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

Discus and support Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NoBuenoG1deon, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've changed that in a regular way - added English and removed German through Settings, and changed the system language. Nonetheless, Windows did not remove a German lang from the panel, and, what is more unpleasant, constantly adds variations to my usual set of languages. For example, opening the laptop in the morning, I may discove

:)

NoBuenoG1deon, Oct 7, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that a random language gets added
    automatically. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the language that gets added?

• Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have not tried the lpksetup command, I would suggest you to give it a try and see if that helps. Refer
    the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold
      Windows logo key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      lpksetup and click on OK.

3. Now, select
      Uninstall display language.

4. Select the language that you want to uninstall and click on
      Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

Language

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try to remove the Greek language in Language settings by following the steps below:

• Hold and press the Windows + X
      key and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Language.
    • Click on the language that you would like to uninstall and click on Remove.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

1. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel - Similar Threads - keeps adding languages

2. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel: The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've...
  3. Windows keeps adding new languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adding new languages: HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! :...
  4. Windows keeps adding new languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adding new languages: HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! :...
  5. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  6. Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  7. Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  8. Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Random language keeps adding to my language bar: None of the solution on the forum work and I still get random languages added to my bar after restart. I can find it on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-language-keeps-adding-to-my-language-bar/f1a51b67-152d-4932-844c-19f49e74420c
  9. Windows keeps adding a language

Windows keeps adding a language: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my personal laptop, working in 2 languages - Hebrew and English. My main language is English, and I prefer to use the US keyboard QWERTY and !@#, mainly because it is also used in Hebrew with UK English dialect spelling and special words....
  10. Adding a Language from control panel

Adding a Language from control panel: I can't add Russian as a language in WIndows language. It shows no language pack available. Can someone help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/adding-a-language-from-control-panel/c98b29cb-33f0-4b40-a539-c60a464144ee