Windows 10: Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on

Discus and support Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When turning computer on I get asked to connect a smart card. It wont go away until I do it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CalebHendey, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on

Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on 095ee245-cd64-4298-b29c-a7f3030cc789?upload=true.png

When turning computer on I get asked to connect a smart card. It wont go away until I do it

:)

CalebHendey, May 3, 2020
  2. Jerry7474 Win User

keep asking for smart card

I am having the same issues as the above person. I seems like I can't do anything on my computer. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 a couple of days ago. I have a hp Elite book 8460p.

I tried to uninstall a program (AVAST) and when I click on the "uninstall" icon the screen changes to the smart card screen. It does this no matter what program I try to uninstall. I have also tried to change some setting in the control panel and when
    I go to do that it also gives me the smart card screen.

As far as I know I don't have a smart card. Never did. Don't even really know what a smart card is. I would like this smart cards screen to go away and never come back. I do not want to buy a smart card to make the computer happy. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jerry7474, May 3, 2020
  3. Windows Security Smart Card popup

Hi Hoarder,

Disable Smart Card Plug and Play Service

Step 1

Hold down the "Windows" key and press "R" to open the Run dialog. Type "gpedit.msc" at the prompt and press "Enter" to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Step 2

Expand "Computer Configuration," "Administrative Templates" and "Windows Components" in the tree browser. Double-click the "Smart Card" folder in the main window.

Step 3

Right-click "Turn On Smart Card Plug and Play Service" and select "Edit." In the Properties dialog, select "Disabled" to turn off this service and remove the smart card option from the login screen. Click "Apply" and "OK" to save your changes.

Step 4

Close Local Group Policy Editor and restart Windows to finalize the changes.

Let me know if this will work.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, May 3, 2020
  4. Jehoey426 Win User

Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on

keep asking for smart card

I am using a Dell Latitued E6420 laptop with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10240 and login to the OS with my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account with administrative privileges.

Each time I try and access a existing mapped network drive Windows 10 will always ask "connect a smart card" even though I mapped it and was able to access the mapped drive just using the network credentials.

Jehoey426, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on

1. Windows keeps asking for a smart card when turning pc on - Similar Threads - keeps asking smart

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  9. Windows security asking for a smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security asking for a smart card: Good morning everyone, I have to occasionally use a smart card reader to access work-related websites. I have the issue where windows gives me 3-5 popups whenever I start my computer asking for a smart card. It will also occasionally ask for a smart card when I attempt to...
  10. Excel asking for a Smart Card but no reader ever installed

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel asking for a Smart Card but no reader ever installed: When Excel is asked to: Open a spreadsheet containing unsigned macros, AND Excel's macro security is set to "Disable all macros except digitally signed macros" I get a "Connect a smart card" message. The message says it is from "Windows Security" (See attachment.) I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 smartcard popup