Windows 10: Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

Discus and support Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have two microsoft accounts, a work and a personal. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter the pin for my personal account. I don't have one. It says I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MattCX_334, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

I have two microsoft accounts, a work and a personal. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter the pin for my personal account. I don't have one. It says I can set it in settings but there it says it's already set it's set for my work account. Even if I hit change it says I've typed it too many times. Going to the microsoft accounts webpage doesn't allow me to set up a pin, only two step, authenticator, etc, which I already have.

:)

MattCX_334, Jan 24, 2022

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jan 24, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

1. Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account - Similar Threads - keeps asking PIN

2. My laptop is not asking for my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not asking for my pin: Hello,I set my power options -- see below -- so that my screen should turn off and my laptop close down after one minute, but my laptop is not asking for my pin in order to turn back on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I wonder if an open program, such as sticky notes, may...
  3. My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: HI Team,I have not been able to sign into my own Microsoft account as of today.My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and it loops back to parent approval every time. I have used a different web browser to Edge also.All my...
  4. My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: HI Team,I have not been able to sign into my own Microsoft account as of today.My personal account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and it loops back to parent approval every time. I have used a different web browser to Edge also.All my...
  5. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  6. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  7. Windows keep asking for PIN

8. Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account: I have two microsoft accounts, a work and a personal. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter the pin for my personal account. I don't have one. It says I can set it in settings but there it says it's already set it's set for my work account. Even if I hit change it says I've...
  9. Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account

Windows keeps asking for my PIN for my personal account: I have two microsoft accounts, a work and a personal. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter the pin for my personal account. I don't have one. It says I can set it in settings but there it says it's already set it's set for my work account. Even if I hit change it says I've...
  10. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN: I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few threads, and all pointed to using thegroup policy editor - which I don't have in a home edition. Is there a way to change the pin...