Windows 10: Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Discus and support Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since the update to 1903 I can no longer access file sharing because it asks for a password. My Windows password does not work. What is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ajamminman2, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Ever since the update to 1903 I can no longer access file sharing because it asks for a password. My Windows password does not work. What is the solution?

:)

ajamminman2, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Hi Andy,

The password protected sharing is enabled by default on the latest Windows 10 versions. To edit your passwords and how you share on your Homegroup by going to the
    Change advanced sharing settings. To know more regarding Homegroup, you can check this
    link. Ensure the following to stop receiving a password prompt:

• Turn off password protected sharing. Type Network and Sharing Center in the Cortana search bar > select Advanced Sharing Setting > select Turn off password protected sharing for all networks. This must be disabled on the target/server device.
    • Let Windows manage the HomeGroup. Type Network and Sharing Center in the Cortana search bar > Advanced Sharing Setting > HomeGroup Connections > select "Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)." It will ask you to sign out, then sign
      back in to be able to access network shares/devices without being asked for credentials.

If the issue persists, leave the Homegroup and join again. Additionally, we recommend posting this to our
    TechNet Forum that is responsible for a work environment that has multiple computers.

Let us know how it went or if you need further help.

Erika Aro, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jun 30, 2019
  4. gogreen Win User

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Credentials required to transfer document over network

I'm trying to move a document from my laptop to my desktop via my home network. But lately, I'm getting a window that asks for my account name and password to perform this transfer. It didn't before. I did switch routers recently, though. Still, I'm entering the password for my account name correctly, I think, but the password isn't accepted. How do I fix this problem? Is there a laptop networking setting that lets me bypass this step? I don't get the same window when I move documents from my desktop to the laptop. Thanks.
    Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements [​IMG]

gogreen, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements - Similar Threads - keeps asking Network

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  5. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  6. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  8. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off: I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on...
  9. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off: I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I have changed the settings to no password. I have gone to netplwz and reset it there to not ask for a password. And yet...it asks...
  10. Password protection turned off, Windows keep asking about credentials.

Password protection turned off, Windows keep asking about credentials.: Situation and configuration: Home network with 6 computers. All with Windows 10, newest update 1909. The settings are the same on all computers: network set as private, password protected sharing turned off, each computer has an „Exchange” folder shared for „everyone” group...