Windows 10: Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

Discus and support Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarianoPaniello, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on other threads, this is some harebrained MS scheme to get us to use OneDrive, of course that's going to backfire spectacularly. Nobody likes OneDrive, Microsoft, just like nobody likes Edge, so quit trying to make them a thing. You lost the internet back in the 90s. How about you strive for not effing up the one thing you m

:)

MarianoPaniello, Apr 22, 2021
  2. ISA
    Isa Win User

Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other laptop it always ask for a username and a password but the laptop doesnt have any password, so i turned off password protected sharing but its still ask for username and password, so i turned on password protected sharing and add a password to the account, and when i put the username and password it says that the password or username is wrong, i even reinstalled windows to see if it will work but it still not working..
    So my question is how to setup folder sharing with out password

Sorry for my bad english i hope people that read this understand my question

3. tychism42 Win User
    Shared folder asking for password when there is none

I followed your last suggestion, I unshared the folder, turned off sharing and restarted my computer. Passwords are off. I turned sharing back on and shared an entirely new folder on a new harddrive and it's still asking for a password. This seems to be
    a Mac problem now. I'll see if I can get help from the Mac community. Thanks!

tychism42, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

Sharing a folder still asking to enter password even after disabling turn off password protecting sharing in Windows 10

Old title: Sharing is not working

Dear Microsoft

I have a basic question about the networking. I have two computer and i want to share the folder named "games" using the lan. I connect both computer (computer_1 and computer_2) in computer 1 i
    shared this folder for everyone to read and write. But the problem is that in the computer_1
    turn off the password protecting but it still requiring the password to access the folder "games". And also there is Microsoft password is not working.

Means turn off password protecting sharing is not work.

I want to access this folder in computer_2 without requiring any password for computer_1.

I used the following process also but it still requiring to enter in the computer_1.

• private (current profile)
    • Turn on network discovery
    • Turn on file and printing sharing
    • Guest of Public
    • Turn on network discovery
    • Turn on file and printing sharing
    • All Network
    • Turn on sharing so anyone with the network access can read and write file in the public folder
    • Turn off password protecting

Hemantgehlot, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

1. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off - Similar Threads - Keeps Asking Password

2. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  3. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  4. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  5. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected: I have two computers connected to the same network. They see each other but I can't access one from the other. I enabled "Turn off password protected sharing" and I gave all permissions to a specific folder on my first pc for the account I'm using on my second pc but I can't...
  6. Server asks for credentials even though "Turn off password protected sharing" is selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off: I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I have changed the settings to no password. I have gone to netplwz and reset it there to not ask for a password. And yet...it asks...
  8. Password protection turned off, Windows keep asking about credentials.

Password protection turned off, Windows keep asking about credentials.: Situation and configuration: Home network with 6 computers. All with Windows 10, newest update 1909. The settings are the same on all computers: network set as private, password protected sharing turned off, each computer has an „Exchange” folder shared for „everyone” group...
  9. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements: Ever since the update to 1903 I can no longer access file sharing because it asks for a password. My Windows password does not work. What is the solution?...
  10. Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password: I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other laptop it always ask for a username and a password but the laptop doesnt have any password, so i turned off password protected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shared folder ask password

2. file sharing folder keep prompts password