Windows 10: Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i...

Discus and support Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Kind of just the title, I don't really know what to do. submitted by /u/Objective_Cod3919 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Objective_Cod3919, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i...

/u/Objective_Cod3919, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i...

1. Windows keeps asking me if i want to boot nto windows 10 or avast uninstall software when i... - Similar Threads - keeps asking boot

2. How do i uninstall Avast free.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i uninstall Avast free.: Tried to download Avast Free, download stopped at 45% then tried to uninstall but would not, used Avast clear tool would not load. Number of programs now not working youtube videos, recovery and others. Had notification come up from Avast repair installation but then says...
  3. Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox: Hello, the app keeps asking me to uninstall VB when i don't have it installed anymore, i have already tried to check the registry but i can't seem to find it and also i've used the AppRPS but it shows 12 empty instances of this:...
  4. For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...: I have Windows 10 installed on my computer. I am a student and my college gave me access to the "eduroam" network. I can connect to it wirelessly or via LAN cable. In order to be connected via LAN cable, I had to run a program provided by our college. Ran the program,...
  5. Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software: I read an article that Microsoft blocked Avast anti-virus software because it was allegedly selling user data in 2019. Is this still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-with-avast-software/3ccb9a13-8de9-40a1-ba6d-62379a7c535e
  6. Avast Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast Software: Turned on my computer last week where I found Avast software installed without my knowledge. What is it and should I uninstall it? Thanks. Cheers, Ted Kramer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-software/287bdeb7-268b-47e1-9b28-b4b7d616eb41
  7. Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate: I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 directly from Microsft in 2019, and it has been working great until recently. Honestly, its still working fine, it's just that in the bottom right hand part of the screen, a message appears and has started to ask me to activate every...
  8. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...: I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC. How can I bypass this or remove the remnants of Avast? [ATTACH]...
  9. Stop windows 10 asking if I want to keep my changes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop windows 10 asking if I want to keep my changes?: I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to stop windows 10 asking if I want to keep my changes when altering monitor settings? I have my pc running to all TVs in the house. DisplayFusion allows me to have all these different monitors and TVs set up but sometimes my tv...
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.: Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop" I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable...