Windows 10: Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

Discus and support Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jasim Alzayani, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few threads, and all pointed to using thegroup policy editor - which I don't have in a home edition. Is there a way to change the pin complexity requirement and pin expiration without using the policy editor? If not how do I get the editor to run on my home edition?

I tried going through netplwiz where the only option available is credential management.

:)

Jasim Alzayani, Mar 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

Windows Not asking for Bluetooh PIN

Hello Medic535,

To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• What device are you trying to connect?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows is currently installed?
    • Have you updated the Bluetooth driver on your computer?
    • Have you checked if the same thing happens when you try to connect another Bluetooth device?
    • Have you checked if your Bluetooth device has a manual that contains the PIN?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the answer of MVP Andre Da Costa on this
    thread
    to walk you through setting up your Bluetooth device with Windows 10.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

1. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN - Similar Threads - keeps asking change

2. The Windows is asking to change the PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows is asking to change the PIN.: First a blue screen asking for my password appeared and then the next message said are you sure you want to change your pin. First time i changed the PIN and this message is displayed again after a week. To get rid of the message i have to reboot the device...
  3. The Windows is asking to change the PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows is asking to change the PIN.: First a blue screen asking for my password appeared and then the next message said are you sure you want to change your pin. First time i changed the PIN and this message is displayed again after a week. To get rid of the message i have to reboot the device...
  4. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  5. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  6. Windows keep asking for PIN

7. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  8. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  9. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin: Just got a new Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in July 2020. I try to keep it updated at least weekly. Every so often I see 2 problems: 1 it tells me i can't run windows update, to which i found in Control Panel>Services that's it's been disabled and needs to be re-enabled, and 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer keep making me change my pin

2. how come my personal computer is asking me to change my pin