Windows 10: Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20

Discus and support Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; No matter what i do, in a few select programs (Most prominently, CS:GO), Windows auto adjusts my microphone level down to 20. I've done a lot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HELMAKSS, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20

No matter what i do, in a few select programs (Most prominently, CS:GO), Windows auto adjusts my microphone level down to 20. I've done a lot to attempt to fix this, i set up voicemeeter and used that for a bit until i realised that does not help either.

Yes i've also disabled "allow programs to take exclusive control of this device".

Trust me, the only thing i have not tried is reinstalling Windows.

Can anybody help me?

submitted by /u/HELMAKSS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HELMAKSS, Mar 22, 2021

2. Windows10 microphone level adjustment

When connecting a USB device with a microphone, Windows10 let's me adjust the level of this microphone via a slider with values from 0 to 100. What do these values correspond to in actual gain/amplification? Where on the slider is the 0 dB gain point,
    where Windows will not alter the digital level/amplitude of the audio signal coming from the USB audio device? In my case it seems level 100 is actually amplifying the digital level of the audio coming from my USB device.

Gisle Langen Enstad, Mar 22, 2021
  3. BIBZ8185 Win User
    Microphone keeps auto adjusting

Hi all,

Since installing Windows 10, I've had this constant problem with my microphone (Samson C01U) where it keeps auto adjusting depending of how loud I'm being, never happend before with Windows 7.

I have turnt off auto adjust on every bit of software I can think of but it still continues.

Any ideas of how to fix.

Any help is appreciated Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20 :D

BIBZ8185, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20

Microphone Auto Adjusts on Windows 10.

Good afternoon.

I'm having the following issue:

While I'm having a meeting using Google Hangouts, I noticed that my webcam (Logitech Brio) microphone levels drop to 80-60%, I have been trying to find a solution for this but so far I haven't been able to get a solution.

I already checked all the threads I found on the Microsoft help forum but none of them have solved the issue, I don't use or have Skype.

Info:

• I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro.
    • Chrome is updated.
    • Windows is updated to the latest (version 1803)
    • Driver for the microphone is updated to the latest
    What I already did:

• Ofc, restarted the PC.
    • Searched for malware on the computer.
    • Tested:
      • Communcations - Do nothing
      • Remove - Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
      • Tested by changing the default format (CD quality, Tape, DVD etc.)
      • Remove all the software that might be using the microphone.
      • Installed my webcam (Logitech Brio) latest drivers
    • With different software besides GH, same results.
    Also, this issue can be reproduced with any other microphone. I just can't find any solution to this issue, it's there any way to disable the auto adjust levels of the microphone? is so annoying that I the levels are automatically moving and it makes me
    not able to hear properly.

Thank you.

Nestor Ibarra.

NestorIbarra, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20

1. Windows keeps auto adjusting my microphone audio level to 20 - Similar Threads - keeps auto adjusting

2. Microphone auto adjust!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone auto adjust!!!: Who came up with the ridiculous idea to auto adjust the microphone?? With so many things half baked and broken in windows 10, is it MS's mission to break everything else as well?? With one of the worst customer ratings in the world, one would think that you lot might want to...
  3. Microphone level adjusts by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone level adjusts by itself: Do I have a blue yeti blackout microphone and for some reason the microphone level in the windows settings changes every now and then. It changes from 100 to 47 or 88 or 94. I've searched it up online but nothing is working for me. Any help? submitted by /u/Hiker2485Sh...
  4. Windows 10 Microphone Keeps Auto Adjusting

Windows 10 Microphone Keeps Auto Adjusting: So I have been trying to find a fix for this for a while. When I talk with my normal voice, my microphone automatically lowers my volume. I tried to speak with a lower voice while I watched the microphone volume bar and it directly increased. Every fix on the internet says...
  5. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...
  6. How to sotp Windows from auto-adjusting microphone levels?

How to sotp Windows from auto-adjusting microphone levels?: I'm currently using the the Logitech G430 with its USB 3.5mm jack dongle and it keeps re-adjusting the microphone levels as I speak. I've already posted on /r/LogitechG thinking that it's a bug with the USB dongle or their driver but after using a different microphone and the...
  7. Windows10 microphone level adjustment

Windows10 microphone level adjustment: When connecting a USB device with a microphone, Windows10 let's me adjust the level of this microphone via a slider with values from 0 to 100. What do these values correspond to in actual gain/amplification? Where on the slider is the 0 dB gain point, where Windows will not...
  8. window10 microphone volume level auto adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    window10 microphone volume level auto adjust: window10 microphone volume level auto adjust by itself most of time it reset to 100 and last time it adjusted to 87 for the first time it seems like it happens alot when i restart the comptuer but it happened last time during i was working on my computer i tried most of...
  9. Microphone Auto Adjust

Microphone Auto Adjust: On Windows 10, microphone keeps automatically adjusting. Anything to help? I have no idea what is wrong, so just reply if you need more info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-auto-adjust/57afd8d5-bacf-46c5-b09b-61a0492c2668
  10. Cannot adjust microphone level

Cannot adjust microphone level: What's the deal? It was just fine a couple days ago. No I haven't changed anything. I haven't even let Windows Update run without my permission. It has been updated, but that was weeks ago. This happened before back when Win10 was released. I didn't do anything to change it...