Windows 10: Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

Discus and support Windows keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RayahBeats, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed.

I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a minute or so, my taskbar will disappear only ever on my main monitor - the taskbar on my other screen is still there and even still interactable the whole time and it will tell me that Windows is not responding, I wait a couple of minutes, my PC recovers and then back to normal like nothing happened.

I'm not very good with computers so if there is any obvious information I should have posted like any logs that might have been made then I apologize.

All of my driver's are up to date.

Some info that might be useful:

My PC is a B450M-A motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 960. Also possibly worth noting that my main monitor is connected with VGA to DVI whereas my second monitor is connected with a HDMI lead.

Thanks in advance.

:)

RayahBeats, Apr 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Boulder Win User
    LibreOffice keeps going "unresponsive"

I like to keep 5 or 6 spreadsheets open all the time. Currently on LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 (x64) Since about 3 months and 2 updates ago, it keeps going unresponsive and I have to shut it down, several times a week. I do use hibernate on Windows 10 but not sure if that is causing the problem. The laptop is only otherwise used for browsing.

The spreadsheets are not big and nothing special. A few basic formulae and one spreadsheet has a basic chart. The only other problem I also only recently noticed is that one formula has a delayed update, so I have to change a cell value, a second time, for the formula to be up-to-date, otherwise it reflects the previous value.

I'm thinking of trying an alternative to LibreOffice but would be shame if there is a simple solution to going unresponsive. Any suggestions? (or confrmation if it is a known issue)

EDIT to add: It is after a period of having LibreOffice minimized and I try to "restore" the window, that it goes not responding.

Boulder, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

Windows 10 unresponsive

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the drivers by following the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the link below:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also, suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

1. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive - Similar Threads - keeps becoming unresponsive

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10: I have been trying to troubleshoot bluetooth in Windows 10 for a couple of days. The adapter is Intel built into Alienware Alpha R2Every time I reset my computer it starts working again, but usually for an hour or less. I can also make the problem return if I simply try...
  5. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10: I have been trying to troubleshoot bluetooth in Windows 10 for a couple of days. The adapter is Intel built into Alienware Alpha R2Every time I reset my computer it starts working again, but usually for an hour or less. I can also make the problem return if I simply try...
  6. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  8. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  9. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  10. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...