Windows 10: Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode

Discus and support Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've an external sound card for recording music. I use it as my default sound output as it is plugged to my speakers. Since last update, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cherlokoms, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode

Hello,

I've an external sound card for recording music. I use it as my default sound output as it is plugged to my speakers.

Since last update, when I exit sleep mode, It changes back to NVIDIA High Definition Audio (I think it's the audio that goes to the screen with HDMI).

I've tried uninstalling the device but it keeps coming back.

Any idea about this issue?

submitted by /u/Cherlokoms
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cherlokoms, Mar 17, 2021
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Mar 17, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode

windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode

1. Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode - Similar Threads - keeps changing default

2. Default Audio devices keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Audio devices keeps changing: I own a Razer Kraken 7.1 v2, and since i own a new pc sometimes the default audio device changes from my headphones to another (I don't know which because i don't have enough time to see which device it is) for around 0.5-2 seconds. It can be annoying when im watching a movie...
  3. Stop windows changing default sound devices when a new device is connected

Stop windows changing default sound devices when a new device is connected: Firstly. Regarding Administrators / Moderators. Do not interfere with this thread, especially since most of you never bother to read the questions properly or provide relavent solutions. This threadshould not have been closed. Smittychat. Did not bother to read the question...
  4. BSOD with tcpip.sys when device is exiting from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with tcpip.sys when device is exiting from sleep: A few days ago I built a new PC, and I am seeing that it crashes every time I exit from sleep mode. The code is always the same with tcpip.sys causing the driver version error, so I assume it is related to networking. Odd because I'm not even using wakeup over LAN yet....
  5. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode: I just upgraded the PC from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 5 3600. So, new motherboard, cpu, and ram but kept the old hard drive, video card, power supply. After the PC exits sleep mode, it is sluggish with the mouse sort of skipping across the screen during movement. Sound...
  6. Error upon exiting sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  7. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Default Audio Devices keep changing: Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device but everytime I power down or restart windows makes my headset the default. I have tried disabling the headset as well as...
  8. BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1: When I put my computer in sleep mode and after some time try to wake it, my computer shuts off and when rebooting I get the BSOD. The computer then reboots and I can use Windows without any issues, ofcourse it is annoying since I cannot use sleep mode anymore. These...
  9. Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.: Why yes, this is yet another one of those threads. I recently migrated from a Windows 7 machine (Requiescat In Pace) to a Dell XPS 8910 Windows 10 Machine. I've used an Ethernet cable from both machines directly to my router to get internet access, and it runs like a...
  10. cannot change default sound device

cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...