Windows 10: Windows keeps changing my music titles

Discus and support Windows keeps changing my music titles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, wanted to see whether I'm the only one to have this issue and possibly find out how to fix it. I keep music (MP3 format) stored on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Niko_Lay99, May 27, 2020.

1. Windows keeps changing my music titles

Hey everyone, wanted to see whether I'm the only one to have this issue and possibly find out how to fix it.

I keep music (MP3 format) stored on my computer before transferring it to my phone. I have the ''automatically retrieve and update metadata missing album art and metadata'' option for Groove Music switched off. I also switched off that option for Windows Media Player, even though I don't use it.

And yet, titles and artists of my music keep getting changed. If I wanted to keep on ranting about it, the way it chooses new titles and artists to replace my data with is completely beyond me: if, eventually, a song is quite mainstream, it changes the title and artist to some absolutely unknown crap. And vice-versa for less known music.

Anyway, I have no idea what is causing that. Maybe it's not Windows, maybe it is. I just wanted to ask for advice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

submitted by /u/Niko_Lay99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Niko_Lay99, May 27, 2020

2. How do I change generic titles of media files in Windows Media Player and Groove Music in Windows 10?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

Step 1: We recommend you to change the music file title and check the result. To do this, try these steps.

1. Open the music file location.

2. Right click on the music file and click properties.

3. Click the Details tab and change the Title description.

4. Apply the changes.

5. Play the music file and check the difference.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 27, 2020
  3. How do I change generic titles of media files in Windows Media Player and Groove Music in Windows 10?

It doesn't help. this app does not allow an easy way to edit the meta data in your music library. Also there is no way to directly download music to a music device without using onedrive. I am disappointed in Microsoft... they usually pay attention to the details
    this music app gets an F.

drstvbrule, May 27, 2020
  4. Windows keeps changing my music titles

changing size of title bars, menues, etc, in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

With the information that you've provided, I understand that you wish to change the title bar, menus of File Explorer to bold, correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X key and select Control Panel.
    • Select Display.
    • Select the item that you wish to make bold from the drop down menu.
    • Check the box next to Bold and click on Apply.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps changing my music titles

1. Windows keeps changing my music titles - Similar Threads - keeps changing music

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  4. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my computer keeps playing music

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer keeps playing music: whenever im on a tab that isnt a full screen google chrome tab it starts playing music. i did a virus scan and it said i didnt have a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-playing-music/3911218b-e6e4-49ef-b2f3-8bcdf29d8889
  6. my computer keeps playing music

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps playing music: whenever im on a tab that isnt a full screen google chrome tab it starts playing music. i did a virus scan and it said i didnt have a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-playing-music/3911218b-e6e4-49ef-b2f3-8bcdf29d8889
  7. my computer keeps playing music

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. my computer keeps playing music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse: I recently took a bunch of music off an old iPod. All of the correct information is in the files Track name, Artist, Album but all the file names are a random array of letters. Is there a way to change all the file names to the Title on each file quickly? I have over 40 GB of...
  10. personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing: i know how to add pictures to folder covers is there anyway to keep the photo on the cover without it changing pictures on me its a music folder with artists and their albums so its one picture on the main folder inside are folders of their albums keeps changing and not...