Windows 10: Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

Discus and support Windows keeps changing my personalized icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I personalized some icons associated to multimedia file extensions (movies, music and pictures), but the problem is Windows randomly (basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Platypus581, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

Hi, I personalized some icons associated to multimedia file extensions (movies, music and pictures), but the problem is Windows randomly (basically once every two months) cancel these icon associations to force its own default icons. I don't even know how it can happen since there is no recent update in Windows Update history...

Is there a way to prevent Windows to change personalized icons?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Platypus581
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Platypus581, Oct 8, 2020

2. My icons keep changing, why?

For some (very odd) reason, my icons keep changing from one to another. Sometimes the IE icon has the Windows Media player icon and vice verse.

I have run ESET since I thought it to be a virus.. It's not. Could it be that my HDD is losing it?

TechnicalFreak, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 8, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows keeps changing my personalized icons ;)

qubit, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

1. Windows keeps changing my personalized icons - Similar Threads - keeps changing personalized

2. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...: I am submitting another question because my last discussion didn't get me anywhere. The full story is that randomly my Windows account was hacked. The Microsoft account I use for Windows didn't exist anymore, probably because the hacker changed it to theirs, and a new...
  3. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon arrows keep changing: Windows 10 keep changing my desktop icons, it is placing various symbols in the icon short cut arrow area. I've seen a dot, arrow, what looks like a file box with a brown square and other symbols. If I refresh the desktop the icons go back to my default of no arrow. I'm...
  4. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon arrows keep changing: Windows 10 keep changing my desktop icons, it is placing various symbols in the icon short cut arrow area. I've seen a dot, arrow, what looks like a file box with a brown square and other symbols. If I refresh the desktop the icons go back to my default of no arrow. I'm...
  5. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Icon keeps changing

in Browsers and Email
    Icon keeps changing: I use white/silver icons on my taskbar for my programs. I changed the Edge icon to a silver one, and pinned it to the bar. However, every time I open Edge, it changes back to the default icon. When I look at the shortcut, it still looks silver. Does anyone know how to make...
  7. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  8. personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing: i know how to add pictures to folder covers is there anyway to keep the photo on the cover without it changing pictures on me its a music folder with artists and their albums so its one picture on the main folder inside are folders of their albums keeps changing and not...
  9. Windows Store Icon keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Icon keeps changing: Does anyone else have this store Icon? [img] 96685
  10. Shortcut icons keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons keep changing: Shortcuts used to be indicated by a fairly unobtrusive arrow in the corner. A few days ago they changed to an overly visible white arrow in a green circle in the lower middle of the program icon. Then they changed to a gray X in the corner. Now they're back to the arrow in...