Windows 10: Windows keeps changing my power plan

Discus and support Windows keeps changing my power plan in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I built my desktop. For some reason when I select a power plan, it sticks with that plan then it switches to power saver. I've looked this up and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Flyingraccoons2, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows keeps changing my power plan

I built my desktop. For some reason when I select a power plan, it sticks with that plan then it switches to power saver. I've looked this up and it's really only happened to people with a laptop. How do I fix this?

:)

Flyingraccoons2, Jul 14, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows keeps changing my power plan

Power Plan keeps changing on Windows Update

Hi,

For possible troubleshooting steps, please check Liza.Z's post through this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps changing my power plan

1. Windows keeps changing my power plan - Similar Threads - keeps changing power

2. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  3. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  4. Power plan keeps changing to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power plan keeps changing to "Balanced": I have a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a TR3970x workstation fully patched. I install the Radeon drivers for the 6900XT card. I change the power plan to High Performance. After a while it changes back to "Balanced". No other software installed. Things I have tried:1....
  5. Power plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power plan keeps changing: So this has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but it was tolerable. I was just playing Hades (with the best build I ever had, right before the boss I could never beat) and Windows decided that the "Balanced" power plan would replaced my "High Performance" plan that I...
  6. Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of the issues that many Windows 10 users are reporting is that their […] This article Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing: Lately all my computers power plans keep changing to "High Performance". I keep changing it back to "Balanced", but it doesn't stick. I think it only started happening since the v2004 update. Is there a workable fix for this?...
  8. Windows keeps changing my power plan

Windows keeps changing my power plan: the power options i have: power saver, balanced, high performance, ultimate performance, ryzen balanced and ryzen high performance. Currently using ryzen balanced. After i reboot the pc it auto switches to windows power saver. Why is that happening? i did find a fix online,...
  9. Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...

Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...: Fresh install of windows right before the 1909 update came out it was doing it. And still doing it afterwards. Change it to High performance and then randomly the next day its back to balanced. I notice it as my computer will go to sleep when idle and I check and sure enough...
  10. Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing: I have set my laptop to never sleep, regardless of whether it's charging or not, and there have still been instances where it's gone to sleep. Upon waking it, I find that windows has changed my power plan. How can I stop this?...