Windows 10: Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

Discus and support Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamidSeyed, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the icon changes (No problem), but when I move/copy that folder, the new icon does not show and the hidden ".ini" file will appear inside that folder. what can I do for solving this problem?

:)

HamidSeyed, Mar 4, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Mar 4, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying ;)

qubit, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

1. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying - Similar Threads - keeps changing folder

2. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  3. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  4. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10: When copying files from one folder to another, the OS always warns if there is another folder or file with the same name. It is one of the prominent features of File Explorer, which makes sure the same files are not overwritten without consent. In case you are not receiving...
  6. Change "calculating" message when copying or moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change "calculating" message when copying or moving: Hello, when copying large or lots of files, windows will just say calculating until it finally figures out how long it might take. Does anyone know how to replace the "calculating" messsage with something else? I'd like it to be more like older windows versions, so it could...
  7. [HELP] Losing folder's custom icon when copying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Losing folder's custom icon when copying: Hello, I am a designer and I have a folder hierarchy template that I copy/past/rename when I have a new client or project. I have 4 folders for adobe creative, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop. I have assigned icons to them from the .exe file of each...
  8. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.: Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you: The problem is because of...
  9. Icons keep moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons keep moving: I don't think anything. Place your icons where you want them and then do what you normally do. My expectations is that your machine will run normally, then in the afternoon, tomorrow, your machine will run out of power. Windows will protect itself and hibernate based on...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173