Windows 10: Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!!

Discus and support Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey i use Windows 10 64 Pro edition opdated until lastest since that disabled my usb drivers for keyboard and other wired stuff in windows. Almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThierryVoegtli, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!!

Hey i use Windows 10 64 Pro edition opdated until lastest since that disabled my usb drivers for keyboard and other wired stuff in windows.

Almost every 2nd time i reboot or had shutdown pc and start up...it comes blue screen with error ..then i found out when using win usb installer and starting advanced options "cmd" and in cmd enter "diskpart" -> list Volume that my normal "D" driver is now C and my C is D. So that means windows cant find boot...i assign letters right and then sometimes it works but only if i reboot after changing letters and remove usb install . otherwise windows keeps starting to repair and then makes error and no usb works so i have to reboot manual . then when usb removed it can boot as normal. But sometimes it keeps to change letters back from C to D and D is C every time i boot. Also changes sometimes in bios the boot orders...

Anyone who can tell me why??? Somehow does windows change letters before i reboot ..

I checked i do not have virus. I kinda a geek with father worked for ibm 40 years. but he is brain damaged now so cant help.

I use a for C windows SDD samsung 250 gb sata 600 and D 950 gb normal sata 600 barracuda .

Asus sabertooth x58 motherboard (i maybe think that my motherboard has some loose connection problems with usb etc)

:)

ThierryVoegtli, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 3, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!!

Driver dissapeared.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows + R, and type diskmgmt.msc.

• Right click on Volume E drive.

• Select Change driver letter and paths.

• Click on Remove.

• Again right click on Volume E drive.

• Select Change driver letter and paths.

• Click on Add and ok.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!!

1. Windows keeps chaning Driver Letter for Boot!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - keeps chaning Driver

2. Driver history with blue letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver history with blue letters: Hey all,was wondering about this.Today i got an windows 10 update for my wifi driver and when i went to driver history it was the only driver with blue letters.Why is that? Note that the install didnt fail or anything.Here is the photo of what i mean...
  3. Driver history with blue letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver history with blue letters: Hey all,was wondering about this.Today i got an windows 10 update for my wifi driver and when i went to driver history it was the only driver with blue letters.Why is that? Note that the install didnt fail or anything.Here is the photo of what i mean...
  4. Driver history with blue letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 keeps chaning screen mode / Windows 11 ekran ayarlarını değiştirip duruyor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps chaning screen mode / Windows 11 ekran ayarlarını değiştirip duruyor: bazı ekran görüntüleri: / some screenshotsthen this: / ve bu: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-chaning-screen-mode-windows-11/43725bff-4995-4ce6-9d4b-c2b8f108324c
  6. Windows 11 keeps chaning screen mode / Windows 11 ekran ayarlarını değiştirip duruyor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps chaning screen mode / Windows 11 ekran ayarlarını değiştirip duruyor: bazı ekran görüntüleri: / some screenshotsthen this: / ve bu: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-chaning-screen-mode-windows-11/43725bff-4995-4ce6-9d4b-c2b8f108324c
  7. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  8. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  9. Audio levels chaning

Audio levels chaning: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...
  10. How to show driver letters

How to show driver letters: I have just installed W10 Pro 10147. My problem now is that no drive letter is shown on Windows Explorer. How can the drive letters -- C: , D: , etc. -- be shown? 7536