Windows 10: Windows keeps crashing and freezing

Discus and support Windows keeps crashing and freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since late May my PC keeps freezing, and either crashing or needs reboot. I've made no hardware changes, and no software changes other than windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdenEmjay, Jul 11, 2021.

1. AdenEmjay Win User

Windows keeps crashing and freezing

Since late May my PC keeps freezing, and either crashing or needs reboot. I've made no hardware changes, and no software changes other than windows updates. Running Windows 10 with hardware that's about 18 months old and has worked fine for the first 16 months. What typically happens is around 5 minutes into a game, the screen will freeze while game music play normally before eventually freezing or looping. The only solution is to hit the reset button. Usually, this leaves no error messages in Event Viewer, other than the "system did not shut down properly" error caused by the reset button. On

:)

AdenEmjay, Jul 11, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 11, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows keeps crashing and freezing - Similar Threads - keeps crashing freezing

2. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  3. Games keep freezing then crashes

Games keep freezing then crashes: Laptop: OMEN 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-B1000 603T6AVOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 22H2Recently, whenever i play genshin impact or star rail my laptop screen freezes and then the game gets crashed.I saw some fixes on the net but none of them worked for me like...
  4. Games keep freezing then crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep freezing then crashes: Laptop: OMEN 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-B1000 603T6AVOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 22H2Recently, whenever i play genshin impact or star rail my laptop screen freezes and then the game gets crashed.I saw some fixes on the net but none of them worked for me like...
  5. Pc keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing/crashing: Title says it all... My pc keeps freezing/crashing randomly multible times a day..... i suspect that its my GPU but im not sure it has done this since summer of 22. bough pc 02/22I link my mini dump to this post so if someone can analyse it and tell me what my problem is and...
  6. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing: Hello,My laptop is relatively new but for a couple of days now it started freezing randomly for a couple of seconds without a pattern. Now it's also blue screening.I ran a hardware troubleshooter but it only asked me to turn on auto driver installing.In the Reliability...
  7. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing: Hello,My laptop is relatively new but for a couple of days now it started freezing randomly for a couple of seconds without a pattern. Now it's also blue screening.I ran a hardware troubleshooter but it only asked me to turn on auto driver installing.In the Reliability...
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...
  10. PC keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...