Windows 10: Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering...

Discus and support Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, if anyone can help with this, I’d appreciate it so much! I just got off the phone with Microsoft customer support, and they helped me to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0601722, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering...

Hey, if anyone can help with this, I’d appreciate it so much! I just got off the phone with Microsoft customer support, and they helped me to install windows on my newly built pc, after having the screen freeze and then crash to black several times on my own attempts.

After hanging up and thinking the issue was resolved, I opened Microsoft edge to begin setting up my preferences and downloads, when all of a sudden my screen froze on the default blue windows wallpaper, wouldn’t accept any commands from my keyboard like “Ctrl+alt+delete” or “Ctrl+shift+esc” (however I could still move my mouse cursor).

I tried to reboot the system by holding the pc power button, but then when it turned back on it showed me a blue windows logo on a black background, and then just the black background.

Any tips for helping me resolve this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/0601722
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0601722, Feb 7, 2020

2. Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hello Ian,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried updating your network card driver? If yes, try to use the previous version of your network card driver.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

We suggest following the steps on this article
    to help you troubleshoot black screen issues in Windows 10.

Also, check if the issue occurs in a clean boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows 10. Check the steps on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering...

Srimadhwa B, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering...

1. Windows keeps crashing to a black screen - hard reboots don’t help - not registering... - Similar Threads - keeps crashing black

2. keep crashing/black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep crashing/black screen: I have a laptop withCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HSRAM: 16GBGPU: NVIDIA RTX 3070But sometimes when i play valorant it has this "out of video memory" error message but i has never been happened before until now. And also when i open discord and spotify and a game like the sims 4 my...
  3. keep crashing/black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keep crashing/black screen: I have a laptop withCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HSRAM: 16GBGPU: NVIDIA RTX 3070But sometimes when i play valorant it has this "out of video memory" error message but i has never been happened before until now. And also when i open discord and spotify and a game like the sims 4 my...
  4. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING: Hello,I've been experiencing black screens into a hard reboot only while gaming randomly for a while. Since my computer is still under warranty I've already brought it in for repairs twice now. The SSD as well as the GPU have been replaced but somehow I am still having those...
  5. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING: Hello,I've been experiencing black screens into a hard reboot only while gaming randomly for a while. Since my computer is still under warranty I've already brought it in for repairs twice now. The SSD as well as the GPU have been replaced but somehow I am still having those...
  6. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer rebooted from a bugcheck black screen hard crash and reset

Computer rebooted from a bugcheck black screen hard crash and reset: Crashed to black screen and PC restarted. Generated the following report in the Event Viewer; The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8044210a63e, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in:...
  8. HELP! Windows 10 Pro keeps rebooting and I don’t know why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows 10 Pro keeps rebooting and I don’t know why?: It’s rebooted 3xs today and I don’t know why? I don’t know where to look or find answer why or how. Is there an app/program that analyzes and tells you why it rebooted in laments terms or to an average user like myself!? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments]...
  9. Black screen on reboot

Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.: Hi guys, I'm experiencing a strange problem on my secondary desktop (the crappy Alienware). Randomly, the machine restarts within a mere 5 minutes of it running. It also restarts just sitting on the login screen, so it doesn't only happen when someone is logged in. It,...