Windows 10: Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Discus and support Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nckbnnk, Nov 13, 2018.

1. nckbnnk Win User

Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Hello everyone,

Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no warning and I don't do heavy tasks when the error occurs. I don't think that there is a consistency either. For example I just got it 3 times in 15 - 20 minutes when surfing the web. But earlier today I was gaming (Battlefield V, so quite a heavy game) for 1.5 hours without a problem at all. The temperate of the CPU was under 60*C the whole time and the GPU reached 70*C at its top.

When I go to the event viewer I see a critical error (Windows restarted without cleaning it correcly) which is a logical error because it just shuts down from nowhere. And just before that I get: Volmgr with event 161. I can't find a log that goes into more details.

Is this a known issue or does someone know why this happens and what I can try? Is it possible that I can fix this with a factory reset?

Specs:

Asus Strix GTX 970

Ryzen 2600X

16GB DDR4

:)

nckbnnk, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Krikkits Win User

Event 161 Volmgr causes error and shuts down computer shortly after

Lately my computer would often shut itself down, I checked the event viewer and the following always happens:

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Log Name: System

Source: Volmgr

Event ID: 161

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

This is then followed by:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Kernel-Power

Event ID: 41

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

Is my hardware at fault? This is a brand new laptop that I've only had for less than half a year. It usually happens when I put my computer to sleep. It shuts down during sleep for no reason and it's been happening for a few weeks now. I can't find a working
    solution anywhere. Will a clean install help at all?

Krikkits, Nov 13, 2018
  3. BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe windows 10 1709

The computer stuck at 0% when showing the blue screen.

I have tried to find MEMORY.DMP, but there is no such file.

I checked the event log, it showed an error from volmgr with "Crash dump initialization failed" and event ID - 161.

Jichao Zhong, Nov 13, 2018
  4. J-Cloud Win User

Windows 10 Pro Startup - Event Log Error

Crash dump initialization failed!

Log Name: System

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 46

Level: Error

Event Log Online Help site cannot be found. What good is it? When is this going to be fixed?

I've seen proposed answers to this problem for Windows 7. What about the latest version of Windows 10?

Next steps?

J-Cloud, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161) - Similar Threads - keeps crashing Volmgr

2. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  3. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  4. PC and Games keeps crashing Volmgr 161

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC and Games keeps crashing Volmgr 161: PC keeps crashing into an unreadable and glitchy BSOD and restarts normally. Event Viewer shows Volmgr 161 followed by Kernal-Power 41 for the last crash but for the older crashes, only Kernal-Power 41 is shown. All the games I play also crash when under Load. Link to my...
  5. PC and Games keeps crashing Volmgr 161

PC and Games keeps crashing Volmgr 161: PC keeps crashing into an unreadable and glitchy BSOD and restarts normally. Event Viewer shows Volmgr 161 followed by Kernal-Power 41 for the last crash but for the older crashes, only Kernal-Power 41 is shown. All the games I play also crash when under Load. Link to my...
  6. PC and Games keeps crashing Volmgr 161

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. volmgr 161 crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volmgr 161 crash: Hi,My computer is frequently crashing. The crash does not have a blue screen or anything. It becomes unresponsive before the screen blacks out and the audio freezes up too. The only other item of note is that before blacking out, my monitor shows a popup for "Display Port 1"...
  8. volmgr 161 crash

volmgr 161 crash: Hi,My computer is frequently crashing. The crash does not have a blue screen or anything. It becomes unresponsive before the screen blacks out and the audio freezes up too. The only other item of note is that before blacking out, my monitor shows a popup for "Display Port 1"...
  9. Volmgr 161

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 161: Hi, i've been expieriencing BSOD's quite often lately and i finally found that the event VOLMGR 161 is a cause of that. I'm using Lenovo Legion Y520 and the event had following informations asigned:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  10. event 161, volmgr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    event 161, volmgr: I bought this asus GL502VSK a few years ago and out of the box it had issues where during gaming it would freeze and the restart. As of the new Path of Exile league it is doing it even more. I did some research and pulled this event code. I flashed the bios as mine was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volmgr 161

2. volmgr 161 error

3. event 161 volmgr windows 10

4. volmgr error 161,
  5. event id 161 volmgr,
  6. event id 161,
  7. volmgr dump file creation failed,
  8. event 161 volmgr,
  9. volmgr eventid 161,
  10. volmgr 161 windows 10,
  11. event id 161 volmgr windows 10,