Windows 10: Windows keeps crashing when playing

Discus and support Windows keeps crashing when playing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new computer about a month ago. Prebuild from Komplett.(Retailer) ROG STRIX B450-F, Ryzen 5 3600X, 16Gb Ram, RX5700. I have tried driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/icedragon520, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Windows keeps crashing when playing

I got a new computer about a month ago. Prebuild from Komplett.(Retailer)

ROG STRIX B450-F, Ryzen 5 3600X, 16Gb Ram, RX5700.

I have tried driver 19.12.2 and now updated to 20.1.3

In some games it crashes my whole computer and restarts it.

I can play Wow, GTA 5, Monster Hunter ect all fine, but some other like Final Fantasy 14 and Metro 2033 Redux crashes after about 5 minutes. It seems to be completly random in which game it happens to.

The only thing i can find in the event viewer is that the driver crashed. There are no bluescreens.

submitted by /u/icedragon520
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/icedragon520, Feb 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Windows keeps crashing when playing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps crashing when playing

1. Windows keeps crashing when playing - Similar Threads - keeps crashing playing

2. I keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep crashing when playing games: My PC just shuts off when playing games, it seems that if playing a high demand game for too long it causes my PC to crash. First it goes black screen, then I see that it's restarting but it stays black screen. Then I have to turn it off via hard shut off and then it works...
  3. I keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep crashing when playing games: My PC just shuts off when playing games, it seems that if playing a high demand game for too long it causes my PC to crash. First it goes black screen, then I see that it's restarting but it stays black screen. Then I have to turn it off via hard shut off and then it works...
  4. I keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.: Hello all, Ive recently been facing a problem where playing games keeps radomly shutting my PC down. I play games such as CSGO or COD and radomly though a game, it will just turn off. Sometime it fully turns off with no lights on the PC and no power though any of it and...
  6. Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.

Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.: Hello all, Ive recently been facing a problem where playing games keeps radomly shutting my PC down. I play games such as CSGO or COD and radomly though a game, it will just turn off. Sometime it fully turns off with no lights on the PC and no power though any of it and...
  7. PC keeps on crashing when I play games

PC keeps on crashing when I play games: Hello everyone, Whenever I play games, very often, my computer gets a black screen, there is a distortion in the sound EEHHHHHHHHHHH and then my computer shuts down and restarts. I have had this problem for a very long time now and I still cannot find the issue. I've...
  8. PC keeps crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing when playing games: My pc keeps crashing randomly while playing games it happens at random intervals sometimes I'll go 4-6 hours with no issues and other times it happens within 30 minutes. the screen flashes rapidly goes black and I have to manually turn it off myself. This has been happening...
  9. PC keeps crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing when playing games: My pc keeps crashing randomly while playing games it happens at random intervals sometimes I'll go 4-6 hours with no issues and other times it happens within 30 minutes. the screen flashes rapidly goes black and I have to manually turn it off myself. This has been happening...
  10. Keep crashing when playing games

Keep crashing when playing games: Hi! I've just built a new pc, but unfortunately it keeps crashing 5-10 minutes into games. I've tested both my CPU and GPU with stress-tests and benchmarks, with no problems at all.. Can you help enlighten me? :) Hardware issue: Kilde Windows Oversigt Hardwarefejl...