Windows 10: Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

Discus and support Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saikat0511, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

/u/Saikat0511, Nov 9, 2019
  2. JoeMcLutz Win User

New network profile every USB hotspot connection

Hi!
    I use to connect my PC to my smartphone via USB cable thus I'm able to use USB tethering hotspot.
    But everytime I connect my PC to my smartphone, a new network connection profile (Network 1, Network 2 and so on...) will be created in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Is it safe to delete those profiles? Is there any way to use the same Network number?

Thanks!

JoeMcLutz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. USB Tethering creating new names each time.

Hi,

I have the same problem. And it seems to be a universal one. Stack Exchange has a solution:

Prevent Windows From Creating New Network Names when Tethering with Android

The only downside is that the network icon in the notification area doesn't work properly. Is there a way to stop adding new names AND make the network icon work?

Regarding your questions:

• Windows 10 is updated
    • drivers are updated
    • This issue always occured. (started using usb tethering one week ago)

Regards

Martin HUQ, Nov 9, 2019
  4. 70f9 Win User

Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

Usb tethering of android phone creates new network location.

Every time i reconnect my android phone to my pc via usb tether it creates a new network location even though the device has not changed. is there a way to configure my pc so that it recognises this device each time it is connected without having to create
    a new network location?.

70f9, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

1. Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone - Similar Threads - keeps creating network

2. USB Tethering Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Tethering Driver.: I need help with USB Tethering File Transfers from my LG LML212VL Rebel 4 Cell Phone to my Windows 10 Dell Laptop. Help! Looking for a Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering-driver/1e201c99-8f04-4e54-a8ba-c0dbdfa29291
  3. Connection Number increases whenever I tether internet via smartphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connection Number increases whenever I tether internet via smartphone: [ATTACH] When I checked online I couldn't able to find anything or anyone having this problem, actually I even don't know this is a problem since it does not cause any problem on my System. Just posting it down so that I could find out if this is happening to any of you...
  4. Usb Tethering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb Tethering: Something unusual is happening with me... i was unable to connect to a minecraft server due to slow internet connection but when i connect via usb Tethering it give me a boost enough to connect in that server or any else but the weird thing is that within 5-10 sec my...
  5. Desktop Messes Up Everytime I Create New Folder/Shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Messes Up Everytime I Create New Folder/Shortcut: So, everytime I create a new folder/shortcut to the desktop, this (see pic) happens. Can someone explain why? [img] 137005
  6. USB Tethering BSOD "bridge.sys"

USB Tethering BSOD "bridge.sys": Hello, I'm trying to find a Solution for this BSOD with the error message "bridge.sys" The Laptop doesnt restart after the BSOD happened. I have to Force shutdown the Laptop....
  7. Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks: I followed the directions on the thread for USB Tethering creating new names each time. I would like to clean up my Windows 10 registry. There are 14 folders in my Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0007...
  8. Window 10 new smartphone edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 new smartphone edition?: I've hear people talking about Microsoft will make a new edition of window 10 OS for winddow 10 smartphone users. The new edition can be compatible with Android OS, therefor users can benefit downloading more Android APPs to enjoy in their window 10 smart phone. Is this...
  9. usb tethering windows 10

usb tethering windows 10: i used to be able to tether my iphone to my laptop, now i cannot. i have trawled the internet for solutions but it has become apparent that for some reason my windows 10 not only does not have an option to enable usb tethering i dont have the 'NDIS based Internet Sharing...
  10. USB Tethering Still Not Working???

USB Tethering Still Not Working???: so, the same as usual when it comes to my luck: I'm trying to tether my internet connection from my note 5 to my PC via USB, and it doesn't work. here are a few details that I can give you of what occurs when I try to do this: I plug in my phone via usb, and it recognizes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Stop Android tethering from changing network names every time it is used.