Windows 10: Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

Discus and support Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saikat0511, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

/u/Saikat0511, Nov 9, 2019
  2. JoeMcLutz Win User

New network profile every USB hotspot connection

Hi!
    I use to connect my PC to my smartphone via USB cable thus I'm able to use USB tethering hotspot.
    But everytime I connect my PC to my smartphone, a new network connection profile (Network 1, Network 2 and so on...) will be created in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Is it safe to delete those profiles? Is there any way to use the same Network number?

Thanks!

JoeMcLutz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. USB Tethering creating new names each time.

Hi,

I have the same problem. And it seems to be a universal one. Stack Exchange has a solution:

Prevent Windows From Creating New Network Names when Tethering with Android

The only downside is that the network icon in the notification area doesn't work properly. Is there a way to stop adding new names AND make the network icon work?

Regarding your questions:

• Windows 10 is updated
    • drivers are updated
    • This issue always occured. (started using usb tethering one week ago)

Regards

Martin HUQ, Nov 9, 2019
  4. 70f9 Win User

Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

Usb tethering of android phone creates new network location.

Every time i reconnect my android phone to my pc via usb tether it creates a new network location even though the device has not changed. is there a way to configure my pc so that it recognises this device each time it is connected without having to create
    a new network location?.

70f9, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone

1. Windows keeps creating a new network everytime I USB tether my smartphone - Similar Threads - keeps creating network

2. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  3. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10: Hi, I mainly use USB tethering to connect to the internet on my PC because my LAN port's unresponsive and I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. But now whenever I try to connect my phone, turn on USB tethering, Windows 10 is unable to identify the network, it just says Unidentified...
  4. USB Tethering - Unidentified Network Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering: I have connect Network via Mobile Tethering, but there every time new Network number creates i.e. "Network57". I want to reset this network serial as Network1 or by Default Network name.Kindly need advise of anyone. Thanks...
  6. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  7. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  8. USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10

USB Tethering Network identification in Windows 10: I use USB Tethering sometimes to use internet on my Windows 10 PC. Each time I connect my phone and turn USB Tethering on my phone, My PC recognizes it as a new network even thoe the network and mobile is same. Please help!!...
  9. USB Tethering ALWAYS creates new network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Tethering ALWAYS creates new network: Whenever I USB Tether my phone to access internet, it creates new network similar to the attached picture. The only solution that managed to work with me is the registry tweak in the comments but this doesn't show that you're connected in the task bar and UWP apps can't...
  10. Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks

Registry Editing after USB Tethering Created Networks: I followed the directions on the thread for USB Tethering creating new names each time. I would like to clean up my Windows 10 registry. There are 14 folders in my Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0007...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows tethering new connection every timr

2. My pc keeps creating new networks for usb tethering

3. Stop Android tethering from changing network names every time it is used.