Windows 10: windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

Discus and support windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows keeps deleting all my documents, accounts and settings. first questions is why, second question is how do I stop it from doing that? (without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkStone4, Jul 30, 2019.

1. windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

windows keeps deleting all my documents, accounts and settings. first questions is why, second question is how do I stop it from doing that? (without a hammer)

:)

MarkStone4, Jul 30, 2019

2. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 30, 2019
  4. 3870x2 Win User

windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

Snow Leopard bug can delete entire account data

I had this happen on windows XP. Something got corrupted without my knowledge, and i was logged correctly into my account, but with a different documents and settings folder. So what did I do? I moved the documents over to my new account and everything was good, until I restarted, and it deleted that temporary account, and everything in it.

Just under one million songs, pictures of my family, videos, games, applications that resided on the desktop or folders in the desktop were instantly deleted upon restart.

for about 20 hours I was planning massive homicide (genocide?) on the microsoft windows corporation.

3870x2, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

1. windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents - Similar Threads - keeps deleteing settings

2. Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?: I have an x555q Asus. I've been wanting to do this because the my laptop can't handle the updates. I specifically chose "keep my files" options so I wouldn't lose my personal/important files. But I forgot my old account's password and I don't have that old account anymore to...
  3. Windows 11 keeps deleting all my ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps deleting all my ****: I've lost over 100 GB of **** because windows keeps deleting it. I downloaded/reinstalled last time but this **** is exhausting. Also 100 GB is not hyperbole the last time it happened over 100 GB of files got trashed. P.S. I think it deleted all the backups too. I found a few...
  4. Windows 11 keeps deleting all my ****

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps deleting all my ****: I've lost over 100 GB of **** because windows keeps deleting it. I downloaded/reinstalled last time but this **** is exhausting. Also 100 GB is not hyperbole the last time it happened over 100 GB of files got trashed. P.S. I think it deleted all the backups too. I found a few...
  5. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  6. Recover deleted account including all files / documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover deleted account including all files / documents: Hi - Just purchased a new laptop and I've been so smart to make new accounts for the family members and when done deleted the standard account that came with the computer - i did made sure that one of the new account my own was setup as admin. However we have been working...
  7. Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files: Hello, My dad has taken possession of my old PC with my Microsoft Account still logged in. He has his own business and would like to keep all the files, documents and pictures already saved in my documents from my account. He is afraid that having my Microsoft account on my...
  8. I deleted my microsoft account from my windows 10 laptop, and all of my documents was...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted my microsoft account from my windows 10 laptop, and all of my documents was...: I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. I have a Dropbox and OneDrive software installed also. I created a new Microsoft account, and decided to delete my old Microsoft account. The moment I did that, I lost all of my documents saved on my laptop. but the pictures and...
  9. Windows update deleted all of my documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all of my documents: How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-documents/58ec1a7d-83eb-4c52-a3c0-6aa31730ac33
  10. Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents: How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested folders etc., but no luck. My pictures are there but the documents folder is GONE. Please help. Very important documents have...