Windows 10: Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts

Discus and support Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When my laptop restarts, all files in my computer are deleted and the browser history on both edge and chrome are also gone. I initially noticed this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LuisLugo2, Oct 4, 2019.

1. LuisLugo2 Win User

Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts

When my laptop restarts, all files in my computer are deleted and the browser history on both edge and chrome are also gone. I initially noticed this, when I logged on and the background was the default blue windows logo, not my custom background.

:)

LuisLugo2, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 4, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts

Does Windows keep a list of Deleted Files?

I would like to know if Windows keeps a list of recently deleted files. Idon't mean files that "are" still in the recycle bin but have already been permanently deleted.

Is there a list somewhere of these files? The objective would be to re-download but I need the file names.

ricardobohner, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts

1. Windows keeps deleting files when it restarts - Similar Threads - keeps deleting files

2. Pc keeps restarting when installing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps restarting when installing windows: Pc keeps restarting when I get to the windows Home Screen, tried reinstalling windows and it keeps restarting as soon as I get to the first step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-restarting-when-installing-windows/a8cc39d7-29fb-4a23-a552-f865b006d19d
  3. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  4. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  5. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  6. File keeps getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File keeps getting deleted: Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due to Windows Defender thinking it is a virus but I am sure that it's not. I already tried to add my downloads folder to...
  7. Computer keeps restarting and deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps restarting and deleting files: This has been plaguing me for months now. Every week or so, my computer will randomly restart and every time I log back into my computer all my files are gone. I've looked through so many forums and have even contacted a Microsoft employee but nothing has worked. There are...
  8. Windows 10 keeps restarting when off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps restarting when off: Windows 10 keeps powering on when computer is shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-restarting-when-off/7bad2cb3-6515-4242-a159-3d66612acbc1
  9. Deleted File Keeps Returning

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted File Keeps Returning: I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network. Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried...
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...