Windows 10: Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why

Discus and support Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happened a few times now and it’s absolutely infuriating. As far as I can remember, Windows has never deleted any other folders or files of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/schlockhat, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why

This has happened a few times now and it’s absolutely infuriating. As far as I can remember, Windows has never deleted any other folders or files of mine without my permission but for some reason, my Music folder is somehow an exception. I know for a fact that I did NOT delete these folders myself by accident because I always double- and sometimes even triple-check them before I get rid of them jic I change my mind and want to keep them, so the only explanation I can think of is that for some reason, Windows keeps nuking a handful of them at random without me even knowing about it. I try to back up my music files to an external hard drive in a copied folder but rarely, I’ll forget about one or two of the subfolders because of how many I have on my PC and unfortunately this time, this was one of the folders I forgot to back up so it’s gone forever.

Why and how does this keep happening and how do I stop it from ever happening again in the future so I don’t lose even MORE music than I already have at this point?

submitted by /u/schlockhat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/schlockhat, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why

C windows installer folder - Delete?

I have it in mine. Looking thru it, it looks like certain programs keep their installer in there. Probably not a good idea to delete it, as you might lose the ability to uninstall some programs.

Wile E, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why

1. Windows keeps deleting folders in Music and I have absolutely no idea why - Similar Threads - keeps deleting folders

2. My laptop's been getting BSOD very frequently and I have absolutely no idea why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's been getting BSOD very frequently and I have absolutely no idea why: BSOD appears at almost any time, even just after 30 minutes after I boot my laptop up, and it could happen multiple times a day which is really frustrating. Sometimes, it's not even a bluescreen but the screen turns black the screen is still on but only shows a black screen...
  3. My laptop's been getting BSOD very frequently and I have absolutely no idea why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's been getting BSOD very frequently and I have absolutely no idea why: BSOD appears at almost any time, even just after 30 minutes after I boot my laptop up, and it could happen multiple times a day which is really frustrating. Sometimes, it's not even a bluescreen but the screen turns black the screen is still on but only shows a black screen...
  4. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  5. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  6. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Any ideas why I keep BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any ideas why I keep BSOD: HI, My computer keeps blue screening. The link below has 5 different memory dumps with .txt appended as well as the System event log. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9ZJ7cjGY9shcNFKE8O5bG_1LxhrA?e=0hMGrZ I ran a memory test for 36 hours and everything passed. I ran SFC and...
  8. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why: Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just want my saved passwords back so even if there’s no way to revert my laptop back to its old shape, i would still appreciate...
  9. I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.: I have previously deleted a user completely from my PC. I then deleted the user folder for this user and the folder keeps coming back to its original position. I have followed directions to change permissions to "everyone". Not sure this solution will work. It seems to...
  10. Apps keep getting automatically deleted from my PC and I have no idea why. They just...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep getting automatically deleted from my PC and I have no idea why. They just...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leo9991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezb6e3/apps_keep_getting_automatically_deleted_from_my/