Windows 10: Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts

Discus and support Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows with version 20H2, and it likes to keep doing this thing:When I boot up my laptop, I go to the usual screen, but then I look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ihaveawindows, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts

Hi, I have a Windows with version 20H2, and it likes to keep doing this thing:When I boot up my laptop, I go to the usual screen, but then I look at the language bar, and voilà! My Canadian French layout is gone. And when I click on it, 3 layouts are available: US, Japanese, and Korean to be honest, though, these are the first keyboard layouts I installed. Anyways, the only way to fix this problem is to go to the language settings, and to reorder the language list, and my French keyboard, along with the others magically appear on the list! I have had this problem before I even upgraded to

:)

ihaveawindows, Sep 16, 2021
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts

Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

That doesnt work anymore, language isnt in control panel

can i get new instructions?

Phoenixcraft, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts

1. Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts - Similar Threads - keeps deleting keyboard

2. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  3. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  4. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  5. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  6. Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry: Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard Corsair K100 Window key not working. I spent hours on google trying to figure out what was wrong. When I pressed the Windows key to open the start menu it wouldn't function. I followed all of the steps that I found online and...
  7. How to delete a keyboard layout?

How to delete a keyboard layout?: Currently, I have 2 languages at my machine: english and russian. For each language I have one keyboard layout that I want to use, but no matter what I do I still have 2 layouts for each language which I just can't delete. It's so frustrating that I just can't comprehend it...
  8. Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...

Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...: At random intervals, the keyboard layout will keep PERSISTENTLY changing to UK, prompting me to manually change it back to US. [ATTACH] As you can see on the image above, there's an option to change to the UK keyboard, while I never made that choice I have already changed...
  9. Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout: While using one program, and one program only, Windows 10 will randomly change my keyboard layout. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard with "English US" layout and my laptop has a different layout. The problem is windows will insist on going back to my laptop keyboard's...
  10. KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING

KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING: even though I have deleted the English UK version via settings it is still showing up in the taskbar list and keeps switching. how do I delete from taskbar?...