Windows 10: Windows keeps disabling network adapter

Discus and support Windows keeps disabling network adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/milo_guy, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Windows keeps disabling network adapter

Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering with my phone, and the driver responsible for it also disabled itself.

I tried uninstalling and restarting, I also tried to change the power management settings and I also tried updating the driver. But none of it works.

Any help will truly be appreciated!

I did the basic install of drivers etc.. I also changed my wifi card

I've confirmed that it's not a hardware issue by booting into a live Ubuntu USB. I formatted my hard drives and reinstalled windows 10 but somehow it installs the latest version of windows 10 20h2 I installed it from the built in recovery As well as did a cloud install of windows 10 but nothing solves it

I am completely stuck not sure what to do.

Please do help

Thank you

submitted by /u/milo_guy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/milo_guy, Feb 3, 2021

2. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 3, 2021
  3. network adapter keep disabling in Windows

Hello Don,

I understand that the Network adapter keeps disabling in Windows. We will certainly help you resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the make and model of your machine?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the PC prior to the issue?

This issue might have caused as the devices may be conflicting the hardware to act vulnerable and also there might be some third party security applications which might be causing this issue which could be resolved by following the below methods.

Method 1: Disable or uninstall if there are any third party anti-virus software is installed.

If you have any third party software installed on the computer, then I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus software and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Run inbuilt
    Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the network adapter issue you are facing is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 3, 2021
  4. decker11 Win User

Windows keeps disabling network adapter

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering with my phone, and the driver responsible for it also disabled itself.

I tried uninstalling and restarting, I also tried to change the power management settings and I also tried updating the driver. But none of it works.

Any help will truly be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

I've confirmed that it's not a hardware issue by booting into a live Ubuntu USB. It seems that I have no choice but to do a reinstall of Windows (I have no restore point)? *Sad

decker11, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps disabling network adapter

1. Windows keeps disabling network adapter - Similar Threads - keeps disabling network

2. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  3. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  4. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter keeps being disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps being disabled: Approximately one week ago, I began having this problem with my network adapter. I will start having connectivity issues and pulling up the network connections window will show my wifi adapter as disabled. Clicking enable will prompt a popup reading "enabling" to appear,...
  6. Laptop Network Adapter Keeps Disabling

Laptop Network Adapter Keeps Disabling: Hi there, I'm having an issue where my laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi. When this happens, if I look under Device Manager, I can see that my network adapter has an error. If I disable and then re-enable the device, I can get back on the wifi and gain internet...
  7. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  8. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  9. Network adapter keeps disabling

Network adapter keeps disabling: I have explored all of the solutions offered to prevent my network adapter from disabling itself, but with no success. I run Windows 10 Home Edition with automatic updates but, for example, when accessing the device manager I find no mention of a network adapter so I clearly...
  10. Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10

Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10: I tried the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and the upgrade went pretty smoothly. Everything seemed okay when it completed and I was using it for an hour or more. Then I went off to do some stuff and when I came back and the computer woke up I suddenly had no network connections...