Windows 10: Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

Discus and support Windows keeps disabling startup programs.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so I have this problem where Windows decides to disable startup programs all by itself. I usually have a few programs that open on startup. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonka-tommy, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

Hey, so I have this problem where Windows decides to disable startup programs all by itself.

I usually have a few programs that open on startup. The programs in question are Steam, Discord and OneDrive. For some reason every now and then I will boot my PC and those three program do not start up.

If I look in the settings of Steam the "Run Steam when windows starts" check box is unchecked. Previous boot it was checked.

If I go into Discord > Windows Settings the slider is still active to Open Discord.. However in the task manager start up there is no Discord entry anymore. Cycling that slider brings it back.

OneDrive settings the "Start OneDrive automatically with windows" checkbox is unchecked. The previous boot it was checked.

So my question is how & why is Windows removing these programs from startup when I didn't ask it to? It's Super frustrating.. It only seems to be those three programs and it's random when it decides to remove them.

Is anyone else having this problem?

submitted by /u/tonka-tommy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonka-tommy, Mar 6, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

1. Windows keeps disabling startup programs.. - Similar Threads - keeps disabling startup

2. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  3. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  4. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  6. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  7. How to disable and enable startup programs

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable and enable startup programs: Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their...
  8. HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.: The programs that I have seen running on startup even if disabled are spotify, steam, and microsoft teams. I don't know if this is related but some programs such as ms teams disappeared from the startup management tab on the task manager. Any help would be appreciated,...
  9. Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?: So, I bought an Acer PC in 2017. Now it is 2020 and I upgraded my PC and also redownloaded Windows 10. A few months later, it is now October of 2020. I have started to observe some Command Prompts quickly appearing and disappearing upon rebooting the machine and logging in....
  10. How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?: I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly. However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my attachment. Any ideas on how to get it where it can be toggled? 14202