Windows 10: Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

Discus and support Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes this takes a few hours to do, but just now it happened after a few minutes. My connection just disconnects, and when I try to reconnect, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ghosteagle, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

Sometimes this takes a few hours to do, but just now it happened after a few minutes. My connection just disconnects, and when I try to reconnect, I'm told that I have to re-enter the password as some setting have changed. Nothing has changed and it requires a full restart in order to reconnect to the internet. I'm.going crazy trying to figure this one out. Also probably important is that I have an external wifi adapter, and unplugging it literally changes nothing. Windows still tells me that there are connections available, despite have no way to search for them.

submitted by /u/ghosteagle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ghosteagle, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Lianachu Win User

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again (until the the next time).

I've tried updating the wireless adapter drivers and turning off WiFi Sense but no dice.

Lianachu, Apr 7, 2020
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself
    again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

MichaelKristian, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

1. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting wifi

2. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  3. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  4. Link to windows keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to windows keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I switched from Samsung Dex to Link to Windows, about 3 weeks ago. It worked flawlessly up until about a week ago. Now, when I connect to my Surface Pro 6, it connects and disconnects repeatedly. However, the phone screen mirroring still works flawlessly. I made no changes to...
  5. Link to windows keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to windows keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I switched from Samsung Dex to Link to Windows, about 3 weeks ago. It worked flawlessly up until about a week ago. Now, when I connect to my Surface Pro 6, it connects and disconnects repeatedly. However, the phone screen mirroring still works flawlessly. I made no changes to...
  6. My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again: My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and disturbs my downloads. I ran the troubleshooter as well as attempted to update the driver too 802.11n but nothing happened....
  7. Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting when I am in a game, and then sometimes it reconnects, and sometimes it doesn't. I know the mouse works because it is new and works on other devices fine, and I have had this problem before with other mouses, but it fixed itself. I have already...
  8. Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting: Hi. I have been using Win7 for like 9 years and never had real problems with it. My specs are Intel i5-4590, 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, 27'' Acer monitor + 24'' Samsung monitor, 600W power supply. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N,...
  9. Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi

Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi: So I've owned this Surface Go for all of a week, and while it does connect to wifi, it keeps dropping the connection and reconnecting every half hour or so, despite that no other device in the house has this issue. I have confirmed it has nothing to do with the connection...
  10. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...