Windows 10: Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Discus and support Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. Not sure what the deal is, but Win10 keeps automatically downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers and software, even though I don't have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Vaporhead Win User

Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Hello all.

Not sure what the deal is, but Win10 keeps automatically downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers and software, even though I don't have any NVIDIA hardware. The proper Microsoft graphics drivers are installed.

I did google this and tried to "hide" these updates via some Powershell commands, but everytime I delete the NVIDIA drivers, windows just redownloads them.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 and compatibility with NVIDIA windows 10 driver 355.82

I have windows 10 installed and was notified by NVIDIA about an update to their graphics driver. I tried to install the update from Nvidia, Nvidia Windows 10 Driver 355.82. However the installation failed and the screen notification read as follws:

"This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

Prior to using Windows 10 all Nvidia updates downloaded successfully.

I have also fed back this info to NVIDIA.

RickHollebon, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Holy_Geek Win User
    Nvidia driver major issue in WINDOWS 10

It really feels bad when a well working PC shows abnormal behavior after having an upgrade which is highly in demand.

I would suggest all facing this issue to please UPDATE YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVER FROM WINDOWS UPDATE AND YOUR NVIDIA DRIVER FROM "NVIDIA WEBSITE" BEFORE WINSDOWS UPDATE INSTALLS THE NVIDIA DRIVER. THE LATESE NVIDIA DRIVER IS PRESENT IN ITS WEBSITE, SO
    PLEASE BE SPECIFIC WITH YOUR NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD MODEL AND ITS DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 10.

Better keep the nvidia driver 353.63 windows 10 qualified driver downloaded and ready before upgrading. Hope everybody of you succeed in this process.

Holy_Geek, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Ever had Nvidia hardware? Perhaps search the registry and see what comes up. be careful before changing things in there though.....

wreckwriter, Jan 22, 2016
  5. Vaporhead Win User
    No sir, never any NVIDIA hardware. This only started happening after installing Win10 from Win7.

Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016
  6. That's odd. Does it say what device its trying to attach the driver to?

7. Vaporhead Win User
    It sure didn't. My device manager showed everything was fine with no missing drivers. I did search my registry like you talked about and had to delete many NVIDIA folders that were in a few places. Not sure why they were there, but I deleted them all. I'm seeing if windows downloads them again. Will check back with results.

Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016
  8. Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Hope you backed up registry just in case....

9. Vaporhead Win User
    Looks like m registry deletes didn't work. As soon as I restarted, windows downloaded and installed nvidia again...arg....below are the screen shots...Windows downloads those three files everytime.

Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers [​IMG]

Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers [​IMG]

Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016
  10. Looks to me like you have a GT 550M and it needs new drivers.... Lots of PCs have a card plus integrated video on the motherboard, that looks to be the case with yours. Have you tried just letting it update the drivers?

11. Vaporhead Win User
    Ok, now I feel like an idiot. I always thought I just had that Intel graphics, but I just looked up my system configuration sheet from Dell, and sure enough, it has the NVIDIA 550M video as well.

Thanks for your help!

Vaporhead, Jan 22, 2016
  12. No worries! Folks here have helped me a lot; happy to give back!

wreckwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

1. Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers - Similar Threads - keeps downloading NVIDIA

2. Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke Nvidia graphic Drivers: I have two laptops each with Nvidia graphics cards, one with a 1060 6gb and one with a 1650. Recently I updated both of my laptops with the windows update, and after I installed the update my graphics drivers in BOTH laptops stopped working, giving me error code 43 hardware...
  3. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  4. Keep getting 'Nvidia graphic drivers are not compatible with this version of windows' error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting 'Nvidia graphic drivers are not compatible with this version of windows' error: After the latest windows update, Nvidia drivers have been removed from my Asus G15 laptop and I cant seem to re-install them. Keep getting this incompatibility error. Same error in Geforce Experience. In device manager, the nvidia graphic dispaly option is also gone. How can...
  5. Keep getting 'Nvidia graphic drivers are not compatible with this version of windows' error

Keep getting 'Nvidia graphic drivers are not compatible with this version of windows' error: After the latest windows update, Nvidia drivers have been removed from my Asus G15 laptop and I cant seem to re-install them. Keep getting this incompatibility error. Same error in Geforce Experience. In device manager, the nvidia graphic dispaly option is also gone. How can...
  6. Keep getting 'Nvidia graphic drivers are not compatible with this version of windows' error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows: PC Specs•Microsoft OEM System Builder DVD Windоws 10 Home 64-bit Intended use for new systems•Intel i7-6900K Processor 20MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz FC-LGA 2011-v3,BX80671I76900K•MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011 DDR4 USB 3.1 Extended ATX Motherboard X99A Godlike Gaming•EVGA...
  8. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  9. Nvidia Graphics Driver problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver problem: Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". Reason I did that; that my drivers were 7 months old to play WoW's newest expansion. My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "416.94". At first it...
  10. Modded nvidia graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Modded nvidia graphics drivers: Does anyone know where to get modded nvidia graphics drivers ? 117966