Windows 10: windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it

Discus and support windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This morning when i turned on my PC my network got completely saturated so I started searching for the culprit and it seems to be Delivery Optimization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveParis1, Aug 28, 2019.

1. windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it

This morning when i turned on my PC my network got completely saturated so I started searching for the culprit and it seems to be Delivery Optimization process and i cant stop it.

I cant disable the service I get a Access denied error. I can temporarily disable it for like ten seconds but it just starts up again. Its already downloaded 10GB and I'm on a mobile data plan.

I've set my connection to metered it didn't help. My Windows 10 is up to date according to the Windows update app. I ran tasklist /svc and used the PID number I got in resource manager to track it to DoSvc under svchost.exe

please I need help cant use my PC until this is sorted.

:)

SteveParis1, Aug 28, 2019
  2. michael Win User

Best HTPC motherboard which I can keep on for 2 days for downloading Non-stop?

Hi Guys,

This is my might be second build,

best HTPC motherboard which I can keep on for 2 days for downloading Non-stop?

Please suggest.

I should have Intel WIDI too.

Thanks

michael, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 28, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it

1. windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it - Similar Threads - keeps downloading something

2. Store download keeps stopping

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store download keeps stopping: I tried all the solutions for this problem but every time I try to download a game it keeps saying "sorry there was a problem on our end"EVERY TIME!!!!!!I did every known solution for this issue and nothing worked. I have to literally babysit it to keep clicking the retry...
  3. Store download keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store download keeps stopping: I tried all the solutions for this problem but every time I try to download a game it keeps saying "sorry there was a problem on our end"EVERY TIME!!!!!!I did every known solution for this issue and nothing worked. I have to literally babysit it to keep clicking the retry...
  4. Store download keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?: I downloaded an image from Google, and it told me that yes, it is downloading...but the download icon just keeps going. On the notification bar up top, it just shows the download icon. I've tried to hit cancel but it wouldn't let me hit the button. Any clue how to stop this?...
  6. I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?: I downloaded an image from Google, and it told me that yes, it is downloading...but the download icon just keeps going. On the notification bar up top, it just shows the download icon. I've tried to hit cancel but it wouldn't let me hit the button. Any clue how to stop this?...
  7. Windows store keeps crashing every time I try to download something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store keeps crashing every time I try to download something: So I just built my new pc and I wanted to download halo wars 2 so I left it to download and I made the mistake of putting it to sleep. I came back and I didnt make any progress so I closed the store and later i try to download halo mcc and the store crashed I tried it again...
  8. windows update/ something stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update/ something stopping downloads: hi since my last up date/ security update something is stoping my windows update srvice from downloading and installing any further updates, i suspect it has something to do with windows defender/security service, i have tried to figure it out but it is beyond me....
  9. Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading: I am used to stop background intelligent transfer service, delivery optimization and windows update every time I turn my computer on, but now since few weeks windows update and delivery optimization services are greyed out, Also when i try using the task manager to stop the...
  10. Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading: I am used to stop background intelligent transfer service, delivery optimization and windows update every time I turn my computer on, but now since few weeks windows update and delivery optimization services are greyed out, Till yesterday the network usage in Service Host:...