Windows 10: Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them

Discus and support Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows continues to mandate how I may work. Before shutting down, I save and close any files or worksheets I have been using. The program closes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robinyoung4, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them

Windows continues to mandate how I may work. Before shutting down, I save and close any files or worksheets I have been using. The program closes. I then perform shut down and it shows nothing open. The next time I boot up my computer, windows automatically opens the programs and files for me. This seems to contribute memory stress. Windows is holding these open in memory. If I NEED them, I know how to open them again. I would rather open what I need and not have to close what I don't need before I can do anything the next day.

:)

robinyoung4, Jul 18, 2020

2. How can I save memory timings in Ati tool after I have edited them?

How can I save memory timings in Ati tool after I have edited them?
    If I close Ati tool and open it again without restarting the computer it will still have the memory timings which I saved, but when I restart the computer and open ati tool again, it will have the default memory timings.

Rishi Ruler, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them

Windows Explorer keeps closing after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try with the methods below and check.

Method 1:I suggest you to run
    System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them

1. Windows keeps files open in memory after I have closed them - Similar Threads - keeps files open

2. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  3. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  4. Frozen windows after closing them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen windows after closing them.: I closed two windows and I can still see them as if they were open but cannot interact with them in any way, they don't even show up as running in task manager. My monitor is working fine because I can still open other applications and use them like normal it's just those...
  5. Frozen windows after closing them.

Frozen windows after closing them.: I closed two windows and I can still see them as if they were open but cannot interact with them in any way, they don't even show up as running in task manager. My monitor is working fine because I can still open other applications and use them like normal it's just those...
  6. window keeps opening and closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window keeps opening and closing: I purchased a laptop, which had windows 10 and updated to windows 11. I believe after this, i have this glitch were a windows keeps opening and closing every few seconds. what can i do to make that stop?!...
  7. window keeps opening and closing

window keeps opening and closing: I purchased a laptop, which had windows 10 and updated to windows 11. I believe after this, i have this glitch were a windows keeps opening and closing every few seconds. what can i do to make that stop?!...
  8. Windows apps keep closing instantly when I try to open them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps keep closing instantly when I try to open them: Hello,Whenever I try to open an application that was downloaded from the Microsoft store, it will automatically close.Ex. Calculator, Sticky Notes, Xbox app, even if I double click on a jpeg it will not openIve tried a number of things including:Downloading most recent...
  9. .jar files keep closing when I open them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files keep closing when I open them: I’m trying to edit an executable jar file with java runtime environment, but when I do either through cmd, bat files and opening straight through java it opens for a split second and then closes, and when I open through cmd Java -jar filename.jar it says it’s unable to access...
  10. Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rumbustiousrhino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fipye6/command_prompt_opens_and_closes_several_instances/