Windows 10: Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth

Discus and support Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, This is incredibly frustrating and I've tried everything I can to fix it. If this can't be resolved I'm honestly looking at replacing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _Aleena_, Dec 9, 2019.

1. _Aleena_ Win User

Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth

Hello,

This is incredibly frustrating and I've tried everything I can to fix it. If this can't be resolved I'm honestly looking at replacing my laptop with a non-Windows computer, because not being able to use my bluetooth mouse when I'm editing graphics or doing other things that require precision is a dealbreaker.

Periodically while using my computer, Bluetooth will disappear. It does not just turn off - the entire menu disappears from my computer's notification sidebar. Attempts to troubleshoot it while this is happening gives me an error along the lines of "This computer is not Bluetooth compatible" or something even though it was working five minutes ago. This is a problem with ALL bluetooth devices, not just one or two.

I believe this started after an update and I've already tried rolling back my updates, but wasn't able to do that because "Your last update was over ten days ago" (it wasn't, I was clicking this button 1 day after my last Windows update).

I've tried the Bluetooth troubleshooter multiple times. Sometimes it finds "issues" and sometimes it doesn't, but it has never corrected the problem, even temporarily. I've tried looking at my laptop manufacturer's website to see if they have a patched driver and I can't find one. I've checked for available Windows driver updates every day since this first became an issue and so far nothing has helped.

There is no indication of when Bluetooth is going to shut off, or when it will come back on. It switches randomly and there are no alerts on my computer or other indications that anything is happening.

Just today I saw a new message in my control panel/settings menu. Usually it says "Bluetooth is not available" below all of my paired devices; today is said "Driver error" under every device. I pulled up Device Manager to see if I could update drivers that way, but Bluetooth is not on my list in Device Manager and now my control panel settings are back to usual.

It would be great if the error was at least consistent so that I could work on fixing it, as it is now the status and the supposed reason behind it changes every few minutes and I can't get any work done.

Computer: Samsung Notebook NP740U5L

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1909

:)

_Aleena_, Dec 9, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 9, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth

Undo forget Bluetooth device and find my Bluetooth device again

Hi,

To help resolve the concern, we suggest using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It will check for common problems and make sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

If the issue still persists, we suggest restarting the Bluetooth Support Service. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R, and then type services.msc. Click
      OK.
    • In the Services window, look for Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Right-click on Bluetooth Support Service, and then select
      Restart.
    • Right-click on it again, and then select Properties.
    • Switch the startup type to Automatic.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Patricia Yu, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth

1. Windows Keeps Forgetting How to Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Keeps Forgetting Bluetooth

2. My windows keep forgetting a specific driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows keep forgetting a specific driver.: Hello,I have an issue with my windows.I have an Asus notebook which already has a driver for wifi namely, Name: "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter" Driver Date: 26/06/2016Version: 3.0.2.201Well, the issue is that my PC sometimes forgets this specific driver. It...
  3. Windows 10 keeps forgetting wi-fi credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps forgetting wi-fi credentials: Windows keeps autonomously logging off from the wi-fi network and asks for credentials to log back in. Even if you enter the right wi-fi username and password it will fail to log in a couple of times until that one odd instance when it finally successfully logs in. After...
  4. Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings

Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings: I have two monitors connected to one system, I never use both at the same time because I have this set up so I can use my system at two different positions. One is 60Hz and the other 144Hz. Everytime I switch monitors my 144Hz sets to default 60Hz. Is there any way to make...
  5. Keeps forgetting my default audio device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeps forgetting my default audio device?: So, the way I have my sound set up, I have dual monitors, and my secondary monitor is the only one with a sound card. I have a desktop speaker system connected to the monitor, for whenever I dont have my headphones on. Has been working for over a year now with no issues, and...
  6. How to un-forget a bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to un-forget a bluetooth device?: I chose to forget my mouse due to it not working. Hoping reconnecting with it would solve the issue. However, after trying multiple times I can't reconnect to the mouse again. It won't show up on add devices or anything. How can I remember the device? submitted by...
  7. Undo forget a device on Bluetooth

Undo forget a device on Bluetooth: Hi I have a Lenovo Idea Centre and have "forget Device " in Bluetooth Settings. How do I reconnect the same device please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-forget-a-device-on-bluetooth/07b9991c-b91b-483e-85d1-e2eeeaac5876
  8. Bluetooth LE forgets pairing on reboot

Bluetooth LE forgets pairing on reboot: I've only just noticed it, but if I pair Bluetooth LE devices with Windows 10, once I reboot, they are gone. A check of the Windows registry indicates that the entire HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\BTHLE key has been removed every time I restart the machine... why? Currently...
  9. Windows 10 Pro keeps forgetting activated status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro keeps forgetting activated status: Hi, I'm another one to add to the activation casualty list. *Sad I was going to wait for any initial problems had dissipated before trying out Windows 10 Pro but I just couldn't help myself so I decided to give it a go last Friday. Although I had the GWX app icon I...
  10. Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails: So I go into a folder, and all the thumbnails load up slowly. Then you expect it's built up the cache so next time you go in it's instant, right? Nope! All forgotten. Every single time I go into a folder it's reset. I tried deleting to rebuild the cache DB files but...