Windows 10: Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2

Discus and support Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, recently I installed the new Windows 10 update 20h2 build 19042.867 and since then my computer keeps freezing. When I turn on the PC everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by downcastshoe, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2

Hi, recently I installed the new Windows 10 update 20h2 build 19042.867 and since then my computer keeps freezing. When I turn on the PC everything is alright, then about after 30 minutes the PC goes crazy. It like freeze for half a second then unfreeze for half a second, than again and again and it goes like this for like 30-50 minutes and then it is normal for the next 30 minutes and then the whole cycle continues. If I restart the PC right when it's freezing it goes normal for approximately 30 minutes and then it goes freezing again and again. I was not able to find any solutions or anything, I tried to run some tests for corrupted files in cmd, but that don't helped me at all. Please help.

:)

downcastshoe, Mar 25, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 25, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 25, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2

1. Windows keeps freezing after I installed the new update 20h2 - Similar Threads - keeps freezing installed

2. Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes: Running a Lenovo Desktop PC with Windows 10 which auto updated with feature update 20H2 and now subsequent cumulative updates 03-2021 & 05-2021. I now have multiple system freezes lasting 1 - 3 mins each time where no user input possible. I tried uninstalling update to...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after installing the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after installing the 20H2 update: I tried turning off that power option in the drivers settings that shuts it down to conserve power and the power still occurs. I tried checking if the driver's up to date with Windows itself and it says I'm up to date. This has been happening to me ever since I restarted my...
  4. PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update: I was holding off updating until today when I saw that the version would be unsupported. I reboot and when I get to my lock screeb, i notice my personalization settings had been reset. I thought it was weird and kept on signing in. At the sign in screen, the PC froze up, and...
  5. Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update: My laptop used to run fine on 1808 but since I've updated to 20H2, it freezes a lot, everything stops responding, and when i have to force shut it down, it takes atleast 10 minutes to boot up, this has never happened before, just after the update, and I have ab HDD but as I...
  6. Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update: So my screen freezes occasionally, but its just the screen and nothing else. The sound works just fine, and everything on the background runs while the screen is frozen. I can also just press the power button once to quickly enter the log in screen and come back, which...
  7. Update 20H2 freezing windows Randomly

Update 20H2 freezing windows Randomly: Anyone else having random lock ups after updating to 20H2? Windows 10 becomes unresponsive at random times. I can move my mouse and open the start menu, but no windows/programs will open, not even task manager. Shutdown/restart does not work also, I am forced to do a hard...
  8. Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update

Unable to install Windows after 20H2 update: I installed the 20H2 update using the Update Assistance tool on the Microsoft website. Turns out my system is not compatible with the update and I was stuck in a BSOD loop upon restart. I have tried repairing my installation and rolling back, doesn't work. I have formatted...
  9. new windows 20h2 update

new windows 20h2 update: How can i get the update i have all new hardware and I haven't received the download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-20h2-update/fd26bb30-7787-499e-8607-a6085cb0e79d
  10. System keeps freezing after clean windows install on a brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System keeps freezing after clean windows install on a brand new SSD: Hi everyone, tl:dr Windows keeps freezing after I installed new SSD. I'm not able to determine what is causing the problem. I'm unable to update my SATA drivers. Components in question My motherboard: 970A-UD3P Rev 1. SSD in quesiton: Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD1(Z) 500GB...