Windows 10: Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

Discus and support Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Banksbanks6, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD.

However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing something and suddenly the screen gets stuck how it was and all audio stops.

This started happening before I even installed anything, and continued after I installed the most recent graphic drivers.

Does anyone know common causes for this? There’s no blue screen or anything. It just freezes where it’s at.

Some more info. I have Windows 10 Pro installed on a custom built. I’ve never had the this issue before, and like I said, nothing seems to cause it, it just happens

submitted by /u/Banksbanks6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Banksbanks6, Mar 25, 2021

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Mar 25, 2021
  3. PaulAubin Win User
    Win 10 keeps rebooting for no apparent reason

My system keeps rebooting for no apparent reason. It happens maybe once a week and usually while I am streaming video on YouTube. The last 2 times it happened Windows generated minidump files which I have stored at the link below, along with a system summary
    file.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Paul

PaulAubin, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Tim Heise Win User

Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

Windows 10 freezes up for no apparent reason.

To the group:

My PC, running windows 10, freezes for no apparent reason. The mouse pointer freezes, and the Task Manager can not be opened using the Ctrl+Alt+Del key combination; it simply does nothing. The Event Viewer found in Administrative Tools reveals a
    critical error with the "kernel power." What is this? Could this be a hardware issue? The mainboard is a Gigabyte H170N-WiFi, CPU a Intel i5@2.70Mhz, and SanDisk SSD. All hardware, except for keyboard, is new(less than three months. Does anyone else have
    issues with all these? Thanks.

--Tim

Tim Heise, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

1. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - keeps freezing apparent

2. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  3. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  4. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  5. I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason: i keep bluescreening for no apparent reason, it first started when i was playing csgo i would just rando bsod, then it evolved to all games and now it has evolved to always happening there is a different stopcode each time and i dont know what ot do at this point so far ive...
  6. Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?

Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My hardware: i5 4670k á 4,4ghz (has been running so stable for years) Asus Strix GTX 1060 MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard 16GB G.Skill DDR3 Ram The games will have a still image after a short time and then switch...
  7. Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason: I've had my pc for months now, and this problem only persisted a few days ago. Right from startup, my desktop, taskbar, and all of explorer (I even have trouble getting to settings) crash when I click on them and they restart by themselves. All my apps are working perfectly,...
  8. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...
  9. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.: I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates pressing...
  10. Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.: Laptop keeps hanging, have followed steps about letting Windows control power management and updated some drivers, but still randomly hangs (normally after a few minutes of inactivity, or when I am using a web browser). No obvious cause, any tips? thanks....